The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE SPIRIT by Frank Miller!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: THE SPIRIT by Frank Miller!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I've seen two trailers on the Spirit & both were terrible. It looks like Frank Miller crap instead of Will Eisner. The last one out concentrates on the women villains, (looked like all of them) & who the Spirit had sex with. Terrible! The Spirit was bright blue with shadows, not dark like Miller. The art of The Spirit was 8 page story's & the world thru the eye of Eisner. Miller bring his style to it...kills it.

I have a copy of every Spirit story & consider it the highest form of comic art.---Steve Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Dr Octopus Reply with quote

Samuel Jackson is going to play Dr Octopus!!!! How did they keep him out of Harry Potter???---Yohe
eron

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was unimpressed, and I don't know the story of the Spirit. Seemed to me like some guy who got laid a lot... and that was it. Didn't help that Miller used a ton of red on black, which makes it look like a Sin City clone. Stick to Sin City, Frank.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this abortion yesterday. Terrible in every way. Frank Miller sucks. Insult to Will Eisner. Nothing good to said. Fuck asshole Samuel Jackson.--Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far since its release, the Spirit has grossed a measly 11 million, way behind all of the other movies that was released the same day.

And I'm not surprised at all that its a dud because it looked so cheesy from the commercials. It looked like Sin City 2. But without all the factors that helped Sin City be a commercial and critical hit.

Hopefully Watchmen will be something that audiences will enjoy. if it released that is. Hopefully all the legal mumbo-jumbo ends soon.
DGinnetty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Away we go Reply with quote

corrado wrote:
So far since its release, the Spirit has grossed a measly 11 million, way behind all of the other movies that was released the same day.

And I'm not surprised at all that its a dud because it looked so cheesy from the commercials. It looked like Sin City 2. But without all the factors that helped Sin City be a commercial and critical hit.

Hopefully Watchmen will be something that audiences will enjoy. if it released that is. Hopefully all the legal mumbo-jumbo ends soon.

Legal mumbo jumbo is over apparently. Looking forward to seeing it in March. If they stay true to the original story, it should be a great flick.

Lord knows if it will make money.

Dan Ginnetty
eron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Away we go Reply with quote

DGinnetty wrote:
Legal mumbo jumbo is over apparently. Looking forward to seeing it in March. If they stay true to the original story, it should be a great flick.

Lord knows if it will make money.

Dan Ginnetty

The comic base is rumbling about it the same way they did about 300. Not sure if it'll catch a buzz like 300, but if there was a safe bet estimate, it'll do "V for Vendetta" business.

As for staying true to the story, no matter what, the original writer (Forget his name) will hate it and not want to see it and blast the flick. That guy is such a cranky bastard. Speaking of V, the movie did the comic better :)
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Moore was the writer, Dave Gibbons the artist. Gibbons was involved. Moore thought the script was okay, but wasn't involved and requested not to be credited. He's not a fan of Hollywood. :)

John
Kevin Tyler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw wrote:
He's not a fan of Hollywood. :)

After the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen debacle, I don't blame him. One of my all time favorite quotes of his is in regards to the deposition he gave, stating he would have been better treated had he "sodomised and murdered a busload of retarded children after giving them heroin." I love that guy. :)

Watchman would have made a fantastic 6 part HBO mini series. Instead it'll be a typical 2-3 hour "comic" movie. All the little details and subplots will be cut out for time purposes. It's the exact opposite of 300, where the plot was so thin they were required to write more to fill time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: