The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE DOORS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: THE DOORS Reply with quote

CDs were on sale at the local book store last week and I bought a bunch of old stuff to play as I drive to Vegas for the CAC dinner next week. Got Warren Zevon, Neil Young and a DOORS greatest hits type thing. I played the hell out of the Zevon stuff but just got to the DOORS stuff in the last two days.

I remember back in the 60's and early 70s when music seemed to be evolving from week to week. It was just great back then, and we wondered just where it would end up.

I wasn't looking forward to the DOORS stuff. I only bought the CD because I respected them so much back then and they were selling for nothing. But it is great stuff. There is nothing like it today or in the last 30 years The thought I got as I was driving around last night with it playing, is that music never evolved pasted the DOORS. No one ever toped them.

This is a throw away post and I wonder if I'm making sense. I'm I goofy or what?

Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you were eating some of Morrison's shrooms. :)

John
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought the Doors were one of the most overrated bands in history. Morrison's poetry, flamenco guitar, the world's cheapest sounding Farfisa organ and a drummer never worked well together for me at all.

-Chad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: