The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FLASH: De Niro makes good movie: WHAT JUST HAPPENED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: FLASH: De Niro makes good movie: WHAT JUST HAPPENED Reply with quote

I've been watching the DVD of WHAT JUST HAPPENED and its a good. It was a art house film that didn't stay around long. I know Hollywood insiders loved it. Lots of inside jokes but it also shows why they act like they do. De Niro is the lead, playing a producer who's career is out of control and he's trying to keep it all together. Its nothing like the roles he usually plays. He's not gangster or cop. Its a comedy and he has to have humor without being outright funny. He's very good and looks good. Also has Bruce Willis and Sean Penn playing themselves. Willis steal every scene. Catherine Keener is very good as a studio boss.

It's a lot like Altman's THE PLAYER but not as good. I don't know if the film works completely but there are parts that are very good. Ending could have worked better & the deleted scenes kind of show that. It's directed by Barry Levinson and written/prodused by Art Linson and they do fun commentary on the DVD.

But it is a good film for De Niro and one he should have done even if there was no money in it. Its a movie I'd like John and his mother to look at.---Steve Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: