The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Harry Potter 6 Reply with quote

Lets give Harry his own spot.

Saw HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE the first night. I'm not a fan of the book or the movies, but I thought this one was a very good film. It's by far the best one to me. After the first hour or so, I was thinking it was going to be great but things in the finish may me down rate it some. ****

I find it hard to get into Potter because I keep getting the feeling that all of them are just setting up what ever is going to happen in the last one. And my feeling are in films like this that the ending is going to be weak. How can they live up to a 6 film build up.

I must admit that I don't remember everything that happened in the other films. I may get all the DVD at some point and figure it all out.

But two films ago (I think), they had Potter and Voldemort face to face, and it seems like they just pushed that into the background in what seems like two films to me. They were rolling & they just stopped, so they can have more film to sell. When Voldemort does show up full time (if ever), he can't live up to the build up. Shit they may turn him into a good guy and intro someone else as the major villain. There is nothing new about him, he just seem like the standard "Dark Vader" major villain.

This one seemed like they were getting into the plot but at the finish it seems to have turned back into a set up. Dumbledore bores me and the film just seemed to be about his death....and we know he'll be in the next two. I don't get Dumbledore. Why doesn't he just tell Harry and all of us...everything. Put it out in the open. He's always playing around. I''m glad he's dead. What makes everyone think he's gay. What is that about?

Why the bridge scene early in the movie? What was that about?

Is Maggie Smith ever going to do anything?

I wouldn't have castled Alan Rickman as Snape. I know he's great but didn't Harry and Dumbledore see DIE HARD I!

I love Helena Bonham Carter. I would have sex with Helena Bonham Carter. She must be nuts in really life....or very nice and cool.

I would have destroyed the school completely, and have had Potter and friends out in the real world battling evil Voldemort in the last two movies. Have Potter as a grown up putting all he had learned into foiling the bad guys with the real humans getting in the way.

What we got now, the ending will have Potter in over his head with Voldemort and his mother, father , and dam Dumbledore talking to him from the afterlife, saving him. I've seen that movie before.

So I like #6 a lot, and it may make me go back and watch the first 5 again. Read the book? No fucking way!

Steve Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: