The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jackass Redux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank_Jewett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Jackass Redux Reply with quote

According to RottenTomatoes.com, "Jackass Number Two" has received 67% positive reviews in general and a mind numbing 70% positive reviews from the "Cream of the Crop" mainstream media reviewers.

New York Times reviewer Nathan Lee gushed "Debased, infantile and reckless in the extreme, this compendium of body bravado and malfunction makes for some of the most fearless, liberated and cathartic comedy in modern movies."

I anxiously await Steve Yohe's review of this film! ;)

Frank
chadlaca

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: jackass Reply with quote

I didn't really watch the MTV series and never saw the first movie, but I saw this pic the other night and found myself laughing out loud frequently. It's obviously beyond infantile but it didn't seem to matter one bit for me. There are a couple of seriously squirm-inducing bits that were almost tough to watch (the leech on Steve-O's eyeball comes to mind) but the film jumps from sketch to sketch so rapidly that you'll likely to find yourself laughing again soon even if one particular bit falls flat for you.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: A lot of jackasses Reply with quote

I went to see ALL THE KING"S MEN tonight. Very good movie. Serious with great performances. A real movie. First day & it was only 1/2 full. As I left there was a line waiting that went around the building. It was like STARWARS or JAWS. Ya...it was JACKASS #2. People make me sick.--Yohe
The Greatest Man Alive

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: All The King's Men Reply with quote

Terrible movie. All The King's Men was just way overstuffed with a good performance from Penn and a bunch of nothing with it. Very light and fluffy for a movie that was supposedly making a deep sociological and political point. Read the book, take notes, watch the orginal, watch this again and be repulsed at how poor it is.
Yakuza Rich

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Jackass #2 and I thought it was well worth the money. My only gripe is that I wish they were a little more creative in their pranks and stunts. Like the little man vs. fat man bungy jump was creative and great and all, but most of the other stuff was more of the same spots. Still, laughed my ass off unless I was disgusted. I'll never look at a stallion the same way again.

YAKUZA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: