The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Up Reply with quote

Finally saw it while on vacation. Freaking fantastic Pixar movie, one of their best which is saying something. The studio continues to amaze me with the quality of their product.

John
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it last week and I agree with John. This was truly a terrific film and Pixar continues to hit home runs with its storytelling.

Everyone generally marvels at the animation and effects that Pixar pulls out, but more and more, they are showing how good they are at flexing their storytelling muscles.

This may be Pixar's best yet... and it's saying something when you have a film that could potentially top Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys see the 3-D versions.---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheetah and I didn't. Regular version. I find 3-D to be a pain in the ass.

John
tdcheetah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw wrote:
Cheetah and I didn't. Regular version. I find 3-D to be a pain in the ass.

Yeah, the few theatres showing 3D weren't really convenient for location and/or timing.

However, even if they had been, I find I still have trouble with 3D due to my astigmatism. My worldview is often enough blurry and double-visioned, without any need to actively make it so. :/ I saw _Coraline_ in 3D and it actually detracted from my enjoying it (though perhaps the sense of barrier and distance from the movie did help during the scene with the giant spider :P).

As for _Up_... until I detangle my impressions of it, let's just say that I had a lot less trouble suspending disbelief during this movie than I did in _Wall-E_, and the love story was less annoying than in _Ratatouille_. ;>

Mind you, I would still rank _Monsters Inc_ above it as my all-time favorite Pixar film, but that may be first impressions lasting.

Then there's a couple other animated films like _Princess Mononoke_ and _The Triplets of Belleville_...

Lee
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys got me to go and I loved it. Wonderful film. ****1/4

I haven't see any new films in 3-D, but in the past it bug the hell out of me.--Yohe
chadlaca

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally saw it tonight. Ranks right up there with my favorite Pixar movies. And yeah, I cried during that opening (and at the end for that matter).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: