The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 WWE General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you dont see much of the Miz for a while, its because he alledgly angered Randy Orton during their match on RAW, and Orton threw another fit. At first his fits were comical, but now they're getting a little tedious.

I just finished watching Smackdown and here are some observations.

This Dos Caras Jr guy is cutting some real boring promos. I want to see though if he'll be good with the WWE style, otherwise Im writing him off.

I dont think there's anybody in the WWE that generates heel heat quite like Vickie Guerrero. Just her popping up and saying "excuse Me!" immadeatly gets lots of boos. Hopefully she doesnt detract attention from Dolph Ziggler.
eron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Orton apologized on Twitter.

Miz has a rocket strapped to his back right now.
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good news, bad news.

The good news is Bryan Danielson is back. He was the mystery member of Team WWE at Summerslam. Of course, wwe.com spoiled it minutes before the match by having an article on his return. And he was really put over as a star, eliminating people.

The bad news though is that he was eliminated during the match. Now since this was his big return, they could've had him be one of the Sole Survivors of this match. But I guess they need Cena to defy the Odds and have him be Superman. Disgusting.

Rest of the show was alledgly shoddy. They really need to improve Smackdown.
eron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corrado wrote:
The bad news though is that he was eliminated during the match. Now since this was his big return, they could've had him be one of the Sole Survivors of this match. But I guess they need Cena to defy the Odds and have him be Superman. Disgusting.

Really? You are complaining about him being eliminated? He got eliminated by the Miz. You know, the guy with the rocket strapped to his ass? This reminds me of people complaining how the Rock interrupted Jericho's debut. Think big picture.
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they could've had him be attacked after the match or save it for the next night on RAW to set up the probable US title match at Night of the Champions. It is a foregone conclusion that Danielson will be the US champ. Although I would rather see Danielson move to Smackdown and win the IC title. Help save the brand. I dont want to see danielson get lost in the crowded RAW shuffle like many, many wrestlers have.

Im just mad though at the SuperCena booking. Its almost nauseating the way he won, defying the odds.

I dont think this is the end of the Nexus though. It'll probably end at Bragging Rights or Survivor Series. Then Im sure most of the Nexus will be curtainjerkers aside from Barrett and maybe Slater and Gabriel. But knowing the WWE, Sheffield will get a monster push.
corrado

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So RAW last night was designed to get Nexus its heat back. And they won almost all of their matches. except for Darren Young who lost to Cena. And the Nexus destroyed Young afterwards.

But many of them were not clean finishes. Some included DQ's and count-outs.

But what I groaned about when I read it was Cena burying Nexus into one of those HHHesque comedy bits which was as lame as you would think.
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to be giving a huge push to Alberto del Rio. He's a cross between Eddie Guerrero and JBL. His 1st promo in the ring was great. I also liked him having his own ring announcer and getting an Eddie/JBL entrance with a vehicle.

He actually went over Rey Mysterio as well using an armbar as a submission.
kjh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Hardy's an absolute mess:

Matt Hardy becomes the latest wrestler to flip out on Twitter, looks wasted on YouTube, then gets sent home by WWE.

Matt Hardy cutting a rambling promo on the Torch.

Dave Meltzer's worried for Matt Hardy.

Not that this should come as any big surprise to anyone, given that he's rushed back from a catalogue of injuries over the last three years and has been exhibiting strange behaviour on Twitter and posting videos of himself where he's clearly wasted on YouTube for over six months.
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are the odds he ultimately ends up in TNA?

(You knew that one was coming. ;) )
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh5p1hRFaLg

This is amazing. Just pure hilarity.

Yeah no surprise that Matt needs help. He frequently lashes out at Wade and the Torch. even after that shoot interview he had with wade during the brief time he was released.
kjh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Matt felt betrayed when Wade turned around almost immediately after the interview and took him to task for cashing in on his personal controversy and working his most loyal fans in the process.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprently the video has now been deleted. No word as to why. This might get pretty ugly soon.

I do think matt Hardy's downward spiral could merit its own thread pretty soon.
kjh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Meltzer with a strange excuse for Paul London yanking all his videos:

Quote:
--London taking down his videos had nothing to do with Hardy. The decision to take down the London videos was made several days ago, before London shot the recent Hardy spoof. London's youtube page is produced in seasons and the idea was that season one was to be over.
kjh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Morris wrote:
So what are the odds he ultimately ends up in TNA?

(You knew that one was coming. ;) )

TNA is on the look out for a new superstar!
corrado

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Cena/Barrett angle has been one of the better Cena angles in years. Particarly because of Barrett. He is oozing charisma and you can see why a lot of people, namely HHH are high on him. He does remind me of a young HHH. promod etc.

I dont know if its legit but if its true, HHH is really going to put Barrett over. Hopefully thats the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: