The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

APOCALYPTO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: APOCALYPTO Reply with quote

APOCALYPTO is a great movie. I think it rates with the best of the year. This guy makes a epic film using unknows, sub-titles, and his own money & all the public cares about is his drunken rant. I respect Gilson a lot more than the public & the news media that feels it. His work is Oscar worthy. ****1/4.
The Greatest Man Alive

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: APOCALYPTO Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
APOCALYPTO is a great movie. I think it rates with the best of the year. This guy makes a epic film using unknows, sub-titles, and his own money & all the public cares about is his drunken rant. I respect Gilson a lot more than the public & the news media that feels it. His work is Oscar worthy. ****1/4.

Worst movie I've seen all year. Take every terrible idea Mel has had in a drunken rage and then crap all over it. Next, warm with 15 minutes of 3rd grade ball jokes. Then give us a plot that never establishes the hero as remotely worthy of our interest. That's the most positive view of apocalypto I can give. About half of the 12 watching it tonight audibly said something along the lines of "won't this shit just end already" with an hour left in the horrible fucking movie.

I'd rather beat tortured, deprived of food and water and have my eyelids taped open with a continual loop of Jackson's King Kong than watch this again. This is a real contestant for worst movie ever, but some of the visuals save it from actually being the worst.

Where's my refund?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: