The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

House of Cards on Netflix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: House of Cards on Netflix Reply with quote

So Netflix is now in the TV business with an original production (well sort of), with House of Cards, the U.S. version.

Kevin Spacey is Frank Underwood, a congressman from South Carolina, who is the majority whip, and gets passed over by the new president to set the season up.

I know there are uberfans of the British version here, which I've only seen in pieces. But I enjoyed these first two episodes and the best thing is, Netflix has put the entire season up, so can watch at your convenience.

I also found someone below who agrees with me, so there. I do disagree with his notion that this is better than Boss, at least after two episodes.

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2013/02/01/house-of-cards-netflix-kevin-spacey/

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to watch this at some point. Most likely if it comes out on DVD, since I'm a mark for all that bonus material such as commentary tracks.

I've seen some other people who've liked it. I don't think it needs to hit the level of the British version to be "good" or entertaining. It's a tough standard, and the British version was one of those things perfect for the moment.

John
Rian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series so far (up to episode 6). I think they should have released them every other week or so to spread it out. I know of quite a few people who knocked them out in a weekend and are now left wanting more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: