The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ben Affleck cast as Batman in Man of Steel 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Ben Affleck cast as Batman in Man of Steel 2 Reply with quote

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/ben-affeck-to-play-batman-in-warner-bros-batman-superman-pic/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quite the unexpected surprise. Even though Affleck is on a creative high with the Oscar-winning Argo, I cant see him pulling off Batman. For starters, Bale's Batman voice will be hard to top.

Another questionable DC move.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to suck. I remember Daredevil.--Yohe
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I side with Steve. I just can't see the studio and whoever is involved being able to pull this off.

I'm indifferent to Affleck as Batman. It's the ability to make the story work that worries me.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Always be yourself... unless you can be Batman. Then be Batman." -- Bill Murray

From JMK
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now the movie has been pushed back to May 2016. Rumor has it Affleck got hurt. Which would put that competing against Spider-man 3, and the next Xmen film.

As an aside, the summer of 2015 at one point, was going to be enormous. The Avengers sequel. Batman vs Superman. The return of Star Wars. Now its only Avengers 2, as Star Wars is now in December 2015.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty week at the moment. We might see Fast & Furious 7 move out of April and into Summer.

Tomorrowland is in the Memorial Day spot, which is Brad Bird (Incredibles, Ratatouille and Mission: Impossible 4) with Clooney staring.

We have a couple of reboots that will be pushed hard: Terminator, Jurassic and Fantastic Four. Terminator is a major mess since the last owner of the rights went out of business, and who knows if time has passed Jurassic by.

One suspects that Fox is going to push the shit out of Fantastic Four to get a second comic franchise to go along with X-Men. Same reason Warner Brothers is always going to be rebooting Superman and Batman, while looking to mine other DC Comics hoping to hit a jackpot like Iron Man turned out to be.

Ted 2 should be a hit.

Marvel hopes to follow up on Avengers with Ant-Man as their second hit of the year, and I don't think any of us would be surprised if they try to tie in the audience to Avengers some how.

Inside Out is Pixar's next movie, from Pete Docter (Up). It will be two years between Pixar movies, and after 3 of the last 4 being sequels... maybe this breaks Pixar out of the funk they've been in since the Up+TS3 monster duo.

There are some hits there. Might not be many $300M movies other than Avengers.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one of the official trailers for "Batman vs Superman" came out last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fis-9Zqu2Ro

Uh, wow. They already let the cat out of the bag with Doomsday.

More concerning is Jesse Eisenberg's character. I can see he might annoy some people who will watch this film.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have burned out grumpy Batman. Alien Deity Superman. Annoying Lex. A Whole Buncha Blowing Shit Up. They gave away more of Wonder Woman than one would expect this far out. And yeah... after pushing the Superman vs Batman stuff for a year, they toss out Doomsday to make it clear even in the trailer than Spuerman & Batman are going to need to join hands and why. I think this is one of those trailers where Yohe says they gave away the whole movie.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that trailer on the AXS channel a month ago. Remember I talked about it at the movies. I thought it looked pretty good. We all know Batman and Superman will be pals at the end. Stopped me from being so negative, until I see it.---Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: