The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snuka

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Snuka Reply with quote

Pretty amazing this happens 20+ years after Muchnick's Village Voice piece:

Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in girlfriend's 1983 death
khawk20

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that the inconsistencies of events as outlined in Snuka's book compared to his original testimony about this is what lead to charges finally being filed. For my money, that just can't be true. If it somehow is, that's 30 years of sitting on a case that, with a few more Q and A's with Snuka, could easily have been given due process decades ago.

There has to be more. A lot more, that is just coming out and/or being discovered within the last little while.

Any police involved in this should be embarassed that it took this long to clear up, one way or the other.
JAG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the scenes in the Vince McMahon mini-series that I'm looking most forward to is him talking Snuka out of this murder rap at this infamous meeting.

It was after this meeting, that Vince Sr. knew his son was ready for the war.

:P

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grand jury presentment is here:

http://concussioninc.net/?p=10301

It's a PDF. There's some court papers at the front, but you eventually get down to about 30 pages of the Grand Jury walking through their findings. It's pretty brutal.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snuka is brain dead and has a feeding tube. So it's a little late. His sentence should be clamping his foley cath for 10 hours every 12. It's the only thing he'll feel.

In 2006 I was on the selection committee with Oliver & Oates, and the guys who ran it keep pushing for Jimmy Snuka. You know...he was a WWF guy and would come to the dinner. I told them, "I know nothing about it, but a lot of people think Snuka killed his girl friend. Do you want that in your HOF?" I was back on the committee in 2011 and they were still pushing Snuka." I didn't like the idea, so he made the hall in 2012.

Steve Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: