The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paula Abdul - Living the straight edge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Paula Abdul - Living the straight edge Reply with quote

Paula Abdul: 'I've never been drunk'

This is a surprise to those who saw those morning interviews recently where she was stoned out of her mind:

Countdown segment on stoned out Paula

John
Jeremy Billones

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because she's never been drunk doesn't mean she's never been stoned.

Gateway drugs are for procrastinators :)
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I've never been drunk. I have never done recreational drugs. Just look at my 20-year career. Tell me someone who is into partying or doing drugs that could have done that."
-Paula

That pretty much covers it. :)

It's possible that Paula might claim to have been on "perscription drugs" for her old hand surgery. Of course that was back in 2004, so one would wonder why she was on that many two plus years after the operation. ;)

John

"One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall"
-White Rabbit
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Paula has a lawsuit pending for the hand injury. IIRC, she claims she got a bad nail job and hers fingernail(s) got infected, causing her to have to have surgery. She probably is still in horrible, horrible pain because of the negligent conduct of those dastardly nail techs, requiring a daily dose of narcotics.

The "I've never been drunk" claim is clearly carny for "drunk doesn't mean zonked out on painkillers and tranquilizers". As erractic as Paula has acted, especially last year on American Idol (she seems remarkably toned down this year, probably at the strong behest of the producers -- don't forget Paula's little sex scandal with a prior contestant as well as her noticeably goofy and erratic behavior, even on the segments that were edited), I hope she's taken notice of poor Anna Nicole Smith, my wife compared the behavior of those two a couple of years and it's creepy thinking back on that knowing what we know now.

-Chad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: