The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photo: O'Mahoney, Title, George, Strangler Lewis; 1935

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Photo: O'Mahoney, Title, George, Strangler Lewis; 1935 Reply with quote

Click on the link below and then again on the photo to blow it up. I double-posted it here and on the members-only forum because I couldn't figure out how to put up a hidden link earlier today.

If you want a following, the photos and the films have to be on a public forum. It's all your board and your decision and whatever that is, it's okay with me.

Here's a photo taken by directly from the original glass-plate negative, as photographed and copyrighted by Leslie Jones in Boston, MA in 1935 before the match started. It's of, from the left, Strangler Lewis, Ed Don George and Danno O'Mahoney in 1935 for the Bowser AWA world's championship.

Lewis is getting the evil eye from O'Mahoney, while O'Mahoney is also shaking Ed Don George's hand. The match ended with O'Mahoney victorious.

You have no idea how much material is out there, buried, and when I have the stamina, which isn't that often any longer, I continue to share it. I'm not a collector and see no reason to keep the footage and photos to myself.

Ken

https://fedora.digitalcommonwealth.org/fedora/objects/commonwealth:5h73q823x/datastreams/access800/content

Once the photo comes up, click on it again and it will blow up to a much larger image.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Eighties All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: