The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2016-2017 L.A. Lakers Thread (Keep The Hostages Alive)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord this is an ass kicking.

Jokic took back the starting job for the Nuggets on 12/15. Since then he's averaged 19-11-6, shooting 60/42/80. Denver is 20-15 in games he's played in since taking the starting spot back.

Joker just turned 22 three weeks ago.

Marc Gasol din't play in the NBA until he was 24.

I have no idea just how good offensively this kid will get. He's unlikely to ever be the high end defensive player that peak Marc was, but he's already getting close to peak Marc offense... at 21/22. That's without having someone like Z-Bo to partner with, or a PGsolid-good PG.

It's going to be fun to watch him develop.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord this is bad. We're getting to a dumpster fire level. :(
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apprently Mozgov (and Deng)may be given the rest of the season off as they seem to be doing a full-on tank. I guess its impossible for Mozgov to rejoin the Cavs. Bron opined about the loss of Mozgov not too long ago, and with Bogut out, he would've taken his place. But the same rule that had Bogue not come back to the Warriors, must have applied to Mozgov as well.

Not to mention the I guess, very ridiclous buyout that would come with his release. I would guess that he may not be back next year.
guren

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'Angelo Russell is the first player to foul out, have more turnovers than fouls, and fewer points than fouls since Josh Smith in 2007. Those two are the only ones to accomplish this feat this century, apparently.

"The Lakers lost to the Rockets by 39 despite scoring 100. It's the 2nd time this season they've lost by 39 or more despite scoring at least 100 points. Since the start of the 2010-11 season, no other team has done that even once."

-- ESPN Stats and Information
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good loss last night to maintain the lead on the Suns, who also lost a home game to the freaking Magic.

Our schedule the rest of the way is pretty brutal, with the exception of three games against the Timberwolves. The Wolves are 8-7 in their last 15 games. Improved, but inconsistent. We need them to kick our asses in at least two of those three games.

The Wolves are starting to look like a bit of a MASH unit, and those minutes of KAT and Wiggins are a bit high. If you're the Wolves front office, you have to worry about the impact of Thibodeau long term on your 21 year old franchise cornerstones. The Wolves are NEVER going to get a franchise championship level player to come there to build the team around. They need to do it through the draft and/or trades. That's exactly what they have done with Wiggins (for Love) and KAT. You can't have these guys break down when you're betting the next 10 years on them being your anchors.
JAG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A horrendous week for Russell ends with him getting 40 in a very competitive loss to the champs after he starts at the 2.

Ingram looked good too.

Hope Yohe watched.

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... I need to DVR that. :)
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord that was ugly. Our players numbers look okay because (i) the whole second half was garbage time, but (ii) Luke had a short bench and played the starters a lot, leading to (iii) 69 points in the half.

PHX lost, so it's not like we're shaking them. Both teams have terrible hard schedules the rest of the way, but it's possible our's is easier.

Brutal year.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're prepared for the fact that Lavar ball might be very vocal, if his son is drafted by the Lakers. Good luck.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We comeback in the second half and OT to win. The Suns lose despite getting 70 from Booker in a game where the whole second half was garbage time. We're a half game up, tied in the loss column. Gulp. :/
guren

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the remaining games for the Suns and Lakers. Frankly, with both teams in tank mode, I don't see more a few wins total between them.

Lakers (21-51)
Portland
Washington
@Minnesota
@LA Clippers
Memphis
@San Antonio
Sacramento
Minnesota
New Orleans
@Golden State

Suns (22-51)
@Charlotte
@Atlanta
LA Clippers
@Portland
Houston
Golden State
Oklahoma City
Dallas
@Sacramento
guren

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buss family feud over Lakers appears to end with Jeanie as controlling owner

Crap, I was rooting for brother Jim.
guren

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch performance by the Lakers to turn a 95-82 lead after 3 quarters into a 119-108 loss. They were in danger of passing the Suns, who almost won themselves even without Devin Booker.
JAG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love John Wall's game.

Called that Uncle John. I remember you thinking it might not translate, but he is great now. Could see him KJing LeBron ala the Suns in '90.

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were right on Wall.

I'm not a huge fan of Brooks, but either he or someone else on the staff got Wall to take the ball to the hoop more and cut back on his long twos and threes. That's a good thing since he's shooting for shit from threes, and killing it at the rim, and getting to the line more. A leap forward year, with margin to grow if he can stabilize in the next few years in his 3%. That's kind of scary when you think about it.

Celtics and Wizzzzz both lost tonight when they could have made things tough on the Cavs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: