The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deadspin: The Problem With A Wrestling Hall of Fame

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robster2001

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Deadspin: The Problem With A Wrestling Hall of Fame Reply with quote

https://deadspin.com/building-a-pro-wrestling-hall-of-fame-is-a-lot-easier-s-1820100756

JDW gets namechecked as part of a history of the WON HOF.
guren

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"John Williams, whoever the hell he is..."

Btw John, please refresh my memory. Who made the above quote?
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:)
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good piece by Bix. Really glad to see him on Deadspin.
guren

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to continue the off-topic thread, but I found the quote in a Bischoff interview from 1997.

Quote:
Question: Dave Meltzer has said on his hotline that, in essence, you have no chance of buying New Japan. A close confidant of his, John Williams has largely ridiculed Bob Ryder on the internet when he mentioned your possible aquisition of NJ. Bruce Mitchell, again on Meltzer's hotline, has said that you basically use Bob as a forum to pass on whatever propaganda you are trying to get across. How do you react to these kind of statements?

Eric Bischoff: First of all, Dave Meltzer...I've never heard of John Williams, but Dave Meltzer has never had a meeting or discussion with anyone from the New Japan organization to discuss this. I'm sure John Williams, whoever he is, hasn't either. Ultimately, he may be right, we may not buy into New Japan. We will be active in Japan, with or without New Japan. I said that in the beginning and I'll say it now. If I had a dollar for everytime Dave Meltzer was wrong, or Bruce Mitchell was wrong...I'd be fishing in Colorado now. As far as using Prodigy and Bob Ryder as a vehicle. I will feely admit I use Prodigy and the opportunity to use Bob Ryder to speak to fans. I do it because of people like Dave Meltzer, Bruce Mitchell, and John Williams, whoever the hell he is...because of the tendancy they have to sell inaccurate information to the people who call their hotlines and subscribe to their newsletters.

glenn
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, all the anti-Keller/Mitchell, Meltzer and John Williams questions were asked by the same Prodigy "user".

And if I also recall correctly, we were able to figure out that said socko was...

;)
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking out the old email archive, which has copies of quite a few of my RSPW posts, I see that one of the sockos was Lariat, which clearly was Mr. Schemer and he admitted to it. They didn't cop to who the Disco socko was.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Eric Bischoff?---Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: