The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Three Days of the Condor"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: "Three Days of the Condor" Reply with quote

There's a cable network called RetroHD that shows post-WW II classics without commercials (though edited for format and perhaps time) and lately has been featuring the 1975 classic film Three Days of the Condor -- from the novel "Six Days of the Condor" by James Grady. The screenplay is by Lorenzo Semple, Jr. and David Rayfiel.

The film holds up magnificently and is a far cry from the book, which I read as soon as I saw the movie in '75. The film is sort of a true story; go figure?

Anyway, it's only 42 years ago and three of the four stars, Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway and Max von Sydow are still alive, as is the author (who just wrote two sequels). Directed by the late, great Sydney Pollack.

I haven't seen a film like this since Pollack made it. The movies business used to be the finest American art form. What happened?

See the film if you already haven't. The supporting cast and late Cliff Robertson are grand.

Gimme a chance to get Alzheimer's Disease before I have to spend my time watching cartoon movies.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: