The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FILM: Rudy Dusek Slams Man Mountain Dean; NYC: 1934

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: FILM: Rudy Dusek Slams Man Mountain Dean; NYC: 1934 Reply with quote

After a couple of decades seemingly lost forever, the Sherman Grinberg hoards of Paramount Pictures newsreels and the Pathe Freres newsreels company's American division's (later to become independent of the French parent) have returned to the semi-civilized world.

Here is a clip from a 1934 match held in New York City wherein Man Mountain Dean and his slimmed-down 302 pounds came East from Los Angeles, where he was a box-office king, to rassle. He took on shooter Rudy Dusek and part of the match can be seen at the link-site.

Grinberg's new management claims it holds the largest private newsreels archive in the world and other places.

Soundtrack added after the match was filmed by Paramount Pictures's newsreels company. I urge everyone not to fuck with the Grinberg company's footage, which he lawfully acquired before Grinberg croaked at a surprisingly young age of 54, which was almost 40 years ago:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sherman-grinberg/published/39939.mp4

Ken
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken:

I asked you a year ago to make a single Film thread similar to Yohe's Movie thread:

http://www.otherarena.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2287

Even Steve agreed in that thread.

Please. It's a simple request.
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

I apologize but I can't work that way. I'm elderly and semi-senile and it has taken me some 60 years to get where I'm at in the world of newsreels.

I hold you in very high regard as someone who is probably totally subsidizing this board out of your own pocket, and as a sane, rational, reasonable person.

If I can't respect your wishes here, then it's totally on me. I'll stop posting separate match excerpts and honor your wishes. I genuinely doubt more than a few people who are members here even look at my posts and I doubt there's any reward to you in dealing with my postings.

Sorry about making extra work for you. There really isn't a darn thing you've done with my overposting except put up with the pain-in-the ass they create for your board management.

I don't intend to go back to previous wrestling boards to post clips. I should have asked you, off-board, about my work methods since the board is not mine and I don't want a board of my own with all the responsibilities that come with it.

Best wishes and thanks for putting up with the work habits of an old fart. I hope to be able to post a rant now and then about 70 MM film and the fact that Panavision Super 70 is a trademark for a very different and inferior process than the old Super Panavision 70.

Ken
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

It has nothing to do with being old or senile. You've been able to make 12 posts in this thread that morphed into being about a common topic:

http://www.otherarena.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2337

You know exactly how to find your own threads on a topic, and how to post like this on these boards.

There is no reason you cannot create a cool Ken's Film Thread and post all sorts of nifty things in it.

You just choose not to. That's not cool. :/

John
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

You're comparing apples and a ham sandwich. The thread with Weinstein in its name is a news-aggregation operation wherein I wanted to see if I still could follow and report on something that, in decades past, I might have been well-paid to report about for a newspaper. Here I simply reposted, with attribution, the work of others.

The way you want the newsreels links done is, to me, not viable and it would be... work. If I can't pursue it as a hobby the way I want, then it isn't a hobby. I'm trying to be respectful of your board and why don't we just drop the subject?

You can always find someone else to do whatever you want the way you want it. You might have to pay that person, but that's neither here nor there. I'm not in the market for a job.

All the best and let's just leave this alone. You're welcome, as is your right, to delete my separate posts on the visual history of wrestling. I won't be offended. Good luck with the board. As time goes by, I expect some other boards to fold and this will be the main place for Steve's written history of the wrestling racket.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Eighties All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: