The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2018/2019 NBA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warriors should break the bank for Durant. He's becoming more and more valuable to them. He's been the main reason for their wins this postseason.

Curry seems to be in a deep funk right now. Doesn't seem to be the same player he usually is. He's making more mistakes, as evidenced by the ending of last night's loss. Klay Thompson isn't faring much better.

Bottom line is if the Warriors want to continue their dynasty for the next few years at least, they'll make a huge effort to keep perhaps the new "Best Player on the Planet". Even if they have to part ways with Cousins or even Klay.
corrado

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celtics are eliminated by the Bucks. Kyrie was mostly invisible for a lot of the series. He played and acted like someone who could be playing for another team next year.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So while the Lakers are a dumpster fire at the moment, perhaps we can all share a laugh at how much Paul Pierce is being roasted:

Paul Pierce Has Spent The Last Day Rotating Over The Flame Like A Rotisserie Chicken
corrado

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Durant-less Warriors knock off Houston to win their series. Curry and Klay finally stepped up. In fact Curry had all 33 of his points in the 2nd half. Just another chapter in the unsuccessful postseasons of James Harden and Chris Paul.

I do think the toughest challenge for the Warriors will be the Bucks and future MVP Giannis. Durant may be out for some of the next round, but I don't see them having much trouble with Denver or Portland.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been more impressed with a team. Really showed some greatness, when it looked like they couldn't. Curry is unlike any player I've seen. No one on ether team chocked in any way.--Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curry may have been a bit motivated before last night's game:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835689-chris-paul-reportedly-denied-stephen-curry-practice-time-before-game-6

im just looking back at the CP3 trade to Houston, and that has to be one of the dumbest trades in a while, pertaining to Houston of course. They traded away a 6th man of the year, another Reserve who could've been a force up front, and someone who could've clamped down defensively on Steph and Klay.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great trade right up until CP3 got hurt in Game 5 last year.
corrado

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of great Game 7's today. Portland with the win over Denver. Setting up a very juicy Western Conference Finals with the Warriors. And Curry against Curry.

And Kawhi Leonard with one of the more unbelievable buzzer beaters in history to defeat Philly. It is going to be interesting if Kawhi decides to play next year with the Clips as that was the rumor for most of the year. After tonight I can't see him leaving.

I actually have the Warriors in 6. And the Bucks in 7.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clip of Iggy running looking at his hands
“AY - THESE MOTHAFUCKAS IS CRAZY!”
-Iggy talking about his Hands after shutting down Dame in Game 2

:)

EDIT: noting that Guren and I were showing Iggy with some major love in Feb on the prior page. Flat out one of my all-time favs.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love watching the guy play.--Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fav around here Draymond is proving to be the difference in this series. As the Warriors continue their postseason without Durant who may not actually return, Draymond is helping them overcome possible losses with his leadership and energy.

Seems more and more like this is a precursor to next year and beyond as they seem more like a team and less as Durant and friends. The Splash Brothers are reborn since his injury. The reserves like Looney and McKinnie are having their moments as well.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Iggy has a sore Achilles. MRI coming up. He did have issues with it last year, and was coming into the series a bit sore (despite his awesome play).

Likely won't play Game 4 since it's far from must win. If they can rest him and get to the Finals, they likely will try to.

Kerr did a great job of getting others in to the rotation as the 3rd quarter went on, and in the 4th.

It's amazing that they came back from 18 tonight despite:

* not having a strong offensive game from Klay
* not really having a strong offensive game from Steph despite the 36 points
* just 17 minutes from Iggy
* No KD

They got big minutes and play from McKinnie. Looney and Bell combined for 42 minutes of 14-5-3-2 on 7/10 shooting, and decent active defense. Livingston was later day Livingston.

Held the Blazers to 38 points in the second half.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love me some Dray:

This Is Probably As Likable As Draymond Green Is Ever Going To Get
corrado

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was pretty Nice as well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/video/draymond-green-just-has-say-something-nice-montrezl-harrell
corrado

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Portland had a lot more heart than the past three games, but it the end the Warriors came back for the sweep.

A couple nights ago, Jeff Van Gundy said that the Bucks are the team to beat this postseason. But Mark Jackson said they're not the champs.

I do wonder if Durant would've got them into the finals if he was playing. If he would've tried to win the game via hero ball, instead of deferring. They seem more like a team without him. And they need to win like a team, since the Bucks have a deep bench and can afford to rest Giannis from time to time without him playing more than 40 minutes. Toronto doesn't seem to have that luxury and are forced to use Kawhi and Marc gasol for most of the game.

But I can't see the bucks or Raptors winning a series against the champs. Durant or no Durant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: