The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Anyone Have Film of John Pesek Wrestling?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Does Anyone Have Film of John Pesek Wrestling? Reply with quote

I've been much more interested in Pesek as I've read more about the wrestling industry over the years and learned how long his career stretched, but hadn't located any leads on who had filmed him or where such footage might be.

Recently, a lead developed but it's the kind where if it pans out it will cost a relatively-huge sum to have the silver-nitrate film inspected and, if still viable, digitized. Since I'm not interested in selling/trading any footage I learn of (I did put together a small buying-group almost a decade ago for two projects, but it's long dissolved, and none of us ever sold a single frame of film), my goal would be to get it to Youtube or a similar site for the enjoyment of everyone.

But if any of you, and I respect tape-traders, and firemen, and college professors and nurses/doctors, but wouldn't want to be one myself, I'd appreciate input here from any of them who care to post.

The idea of the old buying group being restarted is fanciful, because we're now old, tired, counting-our-pennies and worrying about one political party taking away our Social Security and the other one destroying Medicare. Film-purchasing is no longer in my budget, and I think that's true of the others, but won't speak for them. Had I the funds available, I'd long-ago have gone after the New Zealand film of Hackenschmidt that still exists and has been found.

If you've got a DVD that includes footage of Pesek, or know where one can be obtained for a reasonable sum, please do post. I've shared everything I've found over the decades with others, where there was no rational risk of a copyright claim being made against me.

Thanks.

Ken
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, there is no footage of John Pesek.--Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Eighties All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: