The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2019-2020 L.A. Lakers Thread (That's All Folks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice recovery day.

Except Rondo.

Had to get Boogie at that price. The upside is too much to turn down especially since heís played with AD.

I want Morris, too. Or Avery Bradley. $6M left

Rondo/Cook
Green/KCP
LeBron/Kuzma
Anthony Fucking Davis/Morris?
Boogie/Javale
Dudley
Caruso
Korver?
THT

Thatís a squad. Lots of shooting around LeBron and AD.

Jagdip
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did sign Caruso tonight. Are they going to move on from Andre Ingram?
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck... Rondo and Boogie. A can't shoot guard and a can't defend center, both with long histories of being assholes to play with.

We don't need a center like Boogie when we want to play AD a fair share at center. You just want another cheap Defense + Pick & Roll to the Hoop center like McGee who is willing to spend most of the time on the bench and eat DNPs some nights, and able to get more minutes when McGee gets hurt.

The only really good signing has been Green. The rest are dumpster diving. Dudley could be fine though is at the age where you worry about hitting the wall. I hate overpaying for KCP, and am not over enthused about $4M for McGee when he's really a minimum player. I'm still annoyed that the instant Claw went to the Clipps that we didn't have both Green and Morris lined up. This would be a damn front court:

AD + Bron + Morris + Kuzma + Iggy (if you could swing it in the buyout marker) + Duddley

You really don't need a Boogie there, and just need a McGee + "3rd Center" to spot 15-20 minutes a night because you want AD at center a lot.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with John.--Yohe
JAG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boogie raises the ceiling a ton.

Just does. Heíll be better physically and his DPM numbers with the Warriors were really good.

With no guard playmakers, his passing will come in handy, too.

We all just watched him contribute in the Finals even while compromised.

Need Iggy and a guard.

Complaining about the Klutch tax for KCP when they brought you LeBron and AD is a waste of energy.

Jagdip
JAG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact Boogieís DPM has been 2.6 or higher since his 4th season. So really good.

A robust 3.6 with AD before he got hurt. 3.4 last season with the Dubs. If he sucks at defense, the analytics donít show it.

Rondo sucks.

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAG wrote:
Complaining about the Klutch tax for KCP when they brought you LeBron and AD is a waste of energy.

Morris went for $10M a year. That's KCP + $2M. Fuck the Clutch Tax... that can be AD's max contract extension. Morris would have helped us win.

I think you're overrating Boogie's defense, and also his contributions in the Final. The Raptors played him out of the series in Games 3 & 4 after the fluke performance in Game 2. He was literally out of the rotation in Game 5, with only KD's injury putting him back in. We can get all feel good about Game 5 & 6 with him, but Kerr would have rather had a healthy Looney in both games for his defense.

You have Boogie, you're going to have to play him unless you have something like the Hampton Five playing in front of him. We don't have that - we've got Bron & AD and then not a single player that Boogie thinks should play ahead him in a season where he'd like to try to make up for the $200M+ his lost due to the injury. As I've said above, our best line up will be with AD at center and surrounding AD and Bron with guys who can 3&D. I get that you can't quite start that because AD wants to PF and Bron wants to SF. That's why you get a pair of guys like McGee who can play the first five or so minutes before Morris comes in, then can come back in when AD goes to the bench for a rest in each half.

You think Boogie wants to play in that role?

I'm really pissed that we didn't get Morris. Post-Kawhi signing, the two players who could most help the Lakers win where Green and Morris. They had the money to get both. Clearly they had Green lined up - if Claw went to the Clippers, then Green would take the Lakers money. They should have done the same with Morris.
JAG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saving the money for Iggy.

Weíll see if works.

And Boogie will stay in line. Itís essentially the Pels he flourished on with LeBron.

Jagdip
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAG wrote:
Nice recovery day.

Except Rondo.

Had to get Boogie at that price. The upside is too much to turn down especially since heís played with AD.

I want Morris, too. Or Avery Bradley. $6M left

Rondo/Cook
Green/KCP
LeBron/Kuzma
Anthony Fucking Davis/Morris?
Boogie/Javale
Dudley
Caruso
Korver?
THT

Thatís a squad. Lots of shooting around LeBron and AD.

Jagdip

Lakers are going to sign Avery Bradley to a 2 year/9.7 mil deal.
JAG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradley and KCP give them two gives who are good at PNR defense on PGs and can shoot the 3.

Iggy too, please.

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Bradley in Boston. He's not been the same since then. His offense picked up in Memphis last year after being awful with the Clippers. His defense wasn't strong either place.

On some level I don't mind taking a flyer on him. But I would have rather seen him on a vet minimum and save the full room exception for Iggy.

I remain pissed seeing all these "hope it works out" guys when we should have spent money on a much surer thing in Morris.
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morris just bounced on Spurs $10M per offer for $15M with the dumbass Knicks.

So out of the price range.

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he bounces if we quickly locked his signature up on Saturday morning like Green as soon as Kawhi went to the Clipps. You just have that deal in place waiting for Kawhi to make up his mind, then move. Get the fax machines rolling, get it to the league office, and fuck any other team.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: SHIT NO! Reply with quote

There was a big article on D. Howard in the LA Times today. He was saying all kinds of nice things about the Lakers & the good old days in Los Angeles. The story blamed all his problem on his back surgery. Then at the end...he says he would love to play for the Lakers again....but the Clips would be OK too. Seems he is getting cut before the season starts.---Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clipper are really talking shit about the Lakers. They think there going to kick our ass. All the years that they spent being the worst team in the NBA...the Lakers left them alone & didn't rub anything in. Now they get two big stars & they are all over telling people what their going to do. Their still bush leaguers.

They just now realized they have a shity name. And they want to change it to something cool. Like the Bombers. Or the Zakers. Or the fackers.--Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: