The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marvel & DC Movie & TV Universes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going thru my stuff today, behind my dinning room table, I found all my old books on comic books. Found my old (1970 & 1972) THE STERANKO HISTORY OF COMICS by Jim Steranko. This was always a major book to me. The info in 1970 couldn't be found anywhere at the time. It's 14 x 10 and the design of it is special. I haven't touched it or moved it in 30 years. It's been read, but it was something I always took care of. There was some dust on the cover but the pages were white & seem in very good condition. There was going to be 6 books but only two were published. Cover the comics from the 1940's. Probably just going to put it back in the same spot. It's at Amazon & other places on the computer.

Also found THE WORLD ENCYCLOPEDIA OF COMICS by Maurice Horn (1977). This was a book I used all the time. Studied it actually. Reference book, so it's been used.

Bunch of other stuff. Barry Smith & Spirit books.---Steve Yohe
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBS put together a documentary about superheroes. I picked up the DVD set for it.

Steranko was one of the artists/writers they profiled. It was fascinating to learn about the Nick Fury comic he wrote, how he managed to tell stories just through the illustrations with little to no dialogue.

Pretty cool find there, Steve.
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Feige says Avengers Endgame will be re-released with new footage.

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame-rerelease-post-credits-scene/

This is clearly a push to break Avatar's worldwide box office record.
Dave Dymond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw Endgame in the theatres, I was none too pleased that I sat through all those credits and there was no Easter Egg or Post-Credits Scene, just the sound of a hammer hitting an anvil, whatever that is supposed to signify. I stupidly assumed that because the previous 20+ movies in the MCU had post-credits scenes, this one might too...especially since I knew the new Spiderman movie was coming out next.

I really can't see myself going to see the movie in the theatre again for sole purpose of seeing a Post-Credit Scene. I might be a fanboy but I'm not that big of a fanboy. Besides, unless I am mistaken Endgame is scheduled to be released on Digital Download at the end of August, so I think I can wait until then. I agree that this seems like nothing more than a blatant push to get over the hump and beat Avatar, and that comes across as a bit lame to me. But maybe that's just me. :)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, Dave, the hammer hitting the anvil sound was lifted from the first Iron Man film, when Tony Stark started making his first suit while being held captive. :)
Dave Dymond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh. See, that makes sense. :)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it twice & liked it better on 2nd viewing. I liked the fact that it didn't have a Post-Credit Scene. Told all of the fans there was no more. The killing off of Ironman also gave the same message. The first night I thought it was really funny that Marvel suckered all those fans to sit thur the credit. I always sit thru every movie's credits, because it shows respect....and after I'm always alone...with the pissed off kid wanting to turn on the light to clean the theater.

Thor's new movie, make just for him, died in North America...so I bet he is thinking of a way to get back into Marvel films.

If they do a directors cut type thing, I would do back again, but just adding Post-Credit Scene isn't enough to get me interested. Add 30 minutes of new film & recut some things. The Marvel fanboy would get hot over something like that. I thought the first 3/4 Qts of the film was well done, but the big CG fight at the end was a mess & too much.

Do special showings of both films.---Yohe
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's being added to the Endgame re-release: An introduction from Anthony Russo, an unfinished deleted scene, a sneak peek of the next Spidey film and, though it's not listed, there's supposed to be a tribute to Stan Lee.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-whats-in-the-avengers-endgame-re-release-hittin-1835834952

Not enough for me to go back to the theater to see it.

I'll talk box office in the other thread.
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having seen every MCU film out there, this is where I would rank them, without taking sentimental reasons into account.

1. Captain America 2
2. Infinity War
3. Endgame
4. The Avengers
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1
7. Black Panther
8. Captain America 3
9. Spidey Homecoming
10. Iron Man
11. Doctor Strange
12. Iron Man 3
13. Ant-Man
14. Captain Marvel
15. Ant-Man and The Wasp
16. Spidey Far From Home
17. Captain America
18. Thor 3
19. Thor
20. Age of Ultron
21. Iron Man 2
22. Thor 2
23. Incredible Hulk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: