The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2019-2020 L.A. Lakers Thread (That's All Folks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - you would dump Rondo. He's a better player and a better fit.

Keeping him away from the Clippers would be a good thing as well.

Anyway, watch the video clip I posted. Doesn't that look like someone who would fit us? Quality pick & roll and pick & pop player, with our Bigs of AD, Howard and McGee. Can shoot the three both off the dribble and as a spot up catch & shoot guy. He was a good starter on a pair of playoff teams the last two seasons, both of which wildly over played their expectations. If he's coming to either LA teams, it means he's willing to be a role player at this point. But he also played 28-29 minutes the last two seasons, so if we got some injuries you have some confidence that he could step into a larger role. Pretty much the type of vet that you want to pick up at this point.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know him from when he played for the Clips & before & after. From the talk on Clipper games, they want him.

We have been winning in good style without Davis & it's a close team. Seems like a special team, & it's getting better. I would hate to mess it up.

He did retire & he seems goofy these days. I don't know.--Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's a Special Team or a Special Season.

This doesn't at all feel like the 2015-2017 Warriors, or the 2000-2002 Lakers type of a Special Team. It feels more like a special season where we are very good with two great players, have been reasonably healthy, and the rest of the West isn't up to the levels it's been in the past.

If it felt like a special team, I'd say let it roll. But it doesn't really feel that way. The Bucks and Clippers remain teams that are good enough to beat us in the playoffs. The Clipps haven't been fully healthy most of the year. They are also actively looking to improve the team if they can. Since they have the frontline talent in Claw-PG13-Williams-Harrell and even while not playing consistently well they're sitting there with the #2 seed, they can focus filling depth holes and filling match up issues with teams like the Lakers and the Bucks. It's a really good spot to be in, as they don't need to move heaven and hell to improve. A guy like Collison helps, and if they can keep him away from the Lakers or another contends, it's good for them.

The Bucks are in the same boat.

It would be insane for us to think we're a perfect team and we can't adjust in the season.

Collison retired to focus on his faith. It's likely that he would have stuck around if there were offers from either the Lakers or Clippers in the range of what he hoped for ($10M or so a year), but those teams were focused on other things heading into FA and there wasn't that level of money.

I think he's honest in saying he missed the game, and also the to contend for a title. Playing in Los Angles fits, contending fits, and he's played for both of these coaches.

Personally, we need a better back up point than Rondo. It was a mistake to sign him. We also should keep Collison away from the Clippers.
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Derrick Rose could be on the market. He would be an upgrade over Rondo/Avery Bradley etc. Plus if the plan is to trade Kuzma too, Kuzma is from Michigan so that could also work in their favor.

They could've used him tonight, thats for sure.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose can't shoot a three. He's not the player we want.
JAG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobe died in a helicopter crash.

Im distraught.

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck...
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kobe's 13-year-old daughter was reportedly on the helicopter, too.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/26/kobe-bryant-killed-dead-helicopter-crash-in-calabasas/

I have no words.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got nothing to say. The little girl thing is over the top terrible. Flying around in a helicopter is very dangerous. Other than that, I can't think of anything to say.--Steve Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They postponed the Lakers/Clippers game that was to be played tomorrow night to a later date. I'm surprised because they had games played last night and tonight. And I thought it would've been a nice gesture if the first game to be played after Kobe's death would be Lakers/Clippers in a healing type of way. Move it to like a much earlier time so everyone can see it.

Although it is very understandable for the Lakers to take their time. Their next scheduled game is a Friday night home game.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullshit....play the game! What emotional wimps the rich are.--Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media keeps saying that the greatest Laker was Kobe. I contest that. The greatest Laker was Jerry West. Just because he was part of the latest generation & most are too young to know much, doesn't change that. The best player was Jabbar. --- Yohe
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic Johnson was the greatest Laker. Kareem was underachieving with the Lakers before Magic showed up.

West wanted Moncrief over Magic and without Magic, were always the jobber franchise to the Celtics.

Kobe was the most memorable Laker and that will never change now.

Also no one gave a shit about West outside of Los Angeles, no one cared about Magic outside the U.S. until very late in his career.

Kobe is the biggest international basketball star by far ever. He has more devotees in China than there are people in America.

Cant believe hes gonna miss the HOF, the statue and the 75th anniversary team.

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was out of line on the post that was here & could be miss read. So I'm taking it out. Sorry. None of this means anything, and it isn't worth being disrespectful to Jag.--Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collison is still out there, with talk that he's still looking at the Cliippers and Lakers after the All Star break. Is there some contract advantage to the player or team for waiting? I would just as soon sign a guy now, have him work out with the team, have him work with the staff over the All Star break, and hope he hits the ground running once the league starts back up again. Unless there's an advantage or cap reason, just get it done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: