The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2019/2020 NBA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an epic ass kicking the Bucks laid down on a good OKC team. The Clipps also beat the hell out of the Nuggets.
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Coach of the Nets, Kenny Atkinson is gone from the team, despite being in the mix for the playoffs. He had a lot of disagreements with his players, or should I say Kyrie Irving. Who I'm pretty sure, is part of the reason he's longer there. A shame. He's a great coach, and someone who a team that will be looking for a new coach next year will certainly keep in mind.

On a side note, is Frank Vogel getting a Coach of the Year award in June? There's not many coaches up there. Maybe Nick Nurse for how the Raptors Survived losing Kawhi. Billy Donovan for the improbable run the Thunder have had this year.
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the NBA Season is suspended for the time being. Because Rudy Gobert has the coronavirus. His fault in a way for fucking with the media after his presser.

I would assume if the season resumes, its probably going to be just the postseason.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now Donovan Mitchell has the coronavirus:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28891354/donovan-mitchell-tests-positive-coronavirus

I would assume this is for Gobert. It's bad enough what he did before, but getting the franchise player of the Jazz, and one of the biggest rising stars in the league sick, I'd be shocked if he's still with the team when they resume play.
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitchell and Gobert have fully recovered. Among some of the more notable NBA personalities who have it now, include Doris Burke, and James Dolan of the Knicks.
corrado

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an update on if there will be a continuation of NBA basketball for this season:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29152271/adam-silvers-preps-players-possibility-no-fans-next-season

I would just cancel the rest of the season and hope everything is back to normal on Christmas, which would be the start of the 2020-2021 NBA season. Too many risks now to just continue, even with no fans watching live.
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of evidence show that huge crowds of people, particularly when they are indoors, sitting or standing close to one another, and constantly talking, yelling, or cheering, where ventilation is poor, are the biggest spreaders of COVID-19.

The NBA has no chance of finishing its season with fans in the stands.

They might be able to play games without fans, but not with them.

As will be the case with most sports, unless there's overwhelming evidence that outdoor venues don't lead to major spikes in COVID-19.

But until that happens, I wouldn't count on fans being allowed into the seats to watch any sporting event for the rest of the year.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NBA officially returns July 31st. Or rather 22 of the 30 teams that is:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29267294/source-nba-approves-plan-return-orlando

Yes this is very convulted. They're going to compete with the NFL regular season. And they're not going to have much downtime this offseason. Not to mention starting next season on December 1st, and not the expected Christmas Day start. Plus the Olympics are next year and there won't be much downtime if the playoffs end later next summer.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dump the Olympics. Get amateurs.

So it seems John was right about the playoffs. I'm so happy.--Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: