The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2021-2022 LA Lakers Thread (I've got a bad feeling...)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move by Boston, but he isn't a starter. He is what is always has been.

If Boston was going to turn the corner & get to the top level, thay would have done it the last two years. -- Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were on a decent path until Kemba got hurt, which was in the first of the last two seasons. He was hurt again this year, and they were more impacted by Covid than some times (like us).

He can start. He started for us, and things were fine until AD and Bron went down, and he got covid.

Boston has two stars in Tatum (26-7-4 on .459/.386/.868) and Brown (25-6-3 on .484/.397/.764) who were 22 and 24 years old respectively last year. They play quality defense as well. They have one of the best defenders in the game in Smart. Defensively Dennis fits with them pretty well. Offensively depends on what the new coaching staff does. but he should be fine as well.

Under $6M... it's a good deal.
corrado

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Opening night, the Lakers host the Warriors.

And then on Christmas night, the main event will be Lakers hosting the Nets. Probably going to be one of the highest rated games of the year.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So:

2021 Lakers Training Camp Roster

1-LeBron James (Fully guaranteed)

2-Anthony Davis (Fully guaranteed)

3-Russell Westbrook (Fully guaranteed)

4-Dwight Howard (Fully guaranteed)

5-Trevor Ariza (Fully guaranteed)

6-Wayne Ellington (Fully guaranteed)

7-Malik Monk (Fully guaranteed)

8-Kent Bazemore (Fully guaranteed)

9-Carmelo Anthony (Fully guaranteed)

10-Talen Horton-Tucker (Fully guaranteed)

11-Kendrick Nunn (Fully guaranteed)

12-Rajon Rondo (Fully guaranteed)

13-DeAndre Jordan (Fully guaranteed)

14-Austin Reaves (Two-way contract)

15-Joel Ayayi (Two-way contract)

16-Chaundee Brown (Exhibit 10)

17-Mac McClung (Training camp contract, possibly an Exhibit 10)

18-Open spot

19-Open spot

20-Open spot
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who gets hurt in training camp? I bet Rondo will have some reason to sit things out. --Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of either the Rondo or Jordan signings, anymore than I was of the Westbrook one.

This will be the ultimate test if Bron is a HOF GM as well as a HOF Player. All this post season stuff feels like it has his finger prints all over it. Which I get, as I said when we signed him: you basically sell your soul to Bron when he comes to play for you. For better, we got Davis and #17. Not sure how quickly we get to the for worse part.

I won't really care what the next 10 years brings us if we get #18 this year. If we don't, I'll be honest and say that a chunk of the failings of last season and the coming season(s) will have to fall on Bron's shoulders. Just as the credit for #17 fell to him.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the winner is Trevor Ariza. --- Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been watching any of this pre-season. It just seems like a mess. Everyone is high on them, I can't see it. Sorry to say I'm negative about the year. It will be like last year without the defense. I don't even know if I like watching the NBA. & the three point parade.---Yohe
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any defense with AD and Dwight as the anchors is going to be good.

Theyíre signing up too many guys again, but Iím intrigued by the lotto bust.

The early home schedule should mean a good start, but itís on AD to prove heís a Tier 1 guy and play like an MVP.

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And not get hurt.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like Carmelo Anthony is going to shoot every time he gets the ball. Westbrook is lost & no one is helping him. He needs the ball at the top of the key & then he attacks the right side of the basket. The team after one game seems to lack concentration.

I would play Westbrook off the bench, and not use the big three together. He can't get the ball away from James, & that's the right way to play. But coming off the bench he has to bang heads with Rondo. Really there is no need for Westbrook. A way to do it, is to make him king of the second unit & he can be an offensive force when things go bad or someone is hurt. He seems to be trying to fit in, but the coach needs to lay out a plan or role for him.

James & Davis looked Ok. Everything needs to be based off of them. Carmelo cranking it up like he was some type of star will hurt, unless he can make a very high % of shots, which he can't.

They run around a lot, but I didn't see much real defense. I would slow things down and give roles for everyone to play.

I think injuries will decide things, down the line. Right now, it looks like a mess. They are a chicken running around with their head cut off. ---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the signing of Bradley. Not at all clear why the Dubs cut him when Steph and Dray wanted him to stay on the roster.

We could pawn if off as "the Lakers are dealing with injuries to some useful players". That would be delusional thinking. Not a one of those Lakers is as valuable to the Lakers as Klay is to the Dubs. Frankly, all four combined of our guys who didn't play are as valuable as Klay. And he wasn't the only Dub who didn't play.

There are four players on our roster that I really wish weren't on it. Even having any two of them on the roster would have been painful. That two of them start, and the other two got the most minutes off the bench last night... not a great feeling.

I hope to be proven wrong.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would trading Westbrook for Simmons help this team. If Simmons wanted to play without shooting, this is the team. And LA is way more forgiving that Phily. He is big, young, and you could tell him to just play D and rebound. Let James have the ball. Trouble is Westbrook has buddys on the team & it's too soon to give up on him.

In the East it is going to be Milwaukee. I can't see anyone else stepping up.

How bad is the Lakers foul shooting.?-Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: