The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wicker Man

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: The Wicker Man Reply with quote

I don't know why... but I saw THE WICKER MAN tonight. Guess I wanted to hear Molly Parker read lines again. Bad idea. The movie is terrible in every way. Can't believe someone would want to make this thing. Making any kind of film takes a year out of your life. Why this? I understand why Nicolas Cage is in it...he feels he has to be in every movie...but for the rest of them..I don't get it. The coolest part is Cage running around in a bear suit punching out old women. Molly Parker can't do DEADWOOD anymore because she has to be in films like this. Her big break thru. 1/2*

On the way out I felt cheated, so I walked into the film next door, WORLD TRADE CENTER. I didn't want to see this movie...for a lot of reasons..but it was Oliver Stone....& I wasn't going to buy a ticket..so I went in to find two kids watching at 10:30 on a Tuesday night. It was about 30 minutes into the film & I watched Nicolas Cage enter the Trade Center & have it fall down on him & his loyal american friends. I thought it would have good special effects or CG but it was weak & the guys were laying around under tons of junk with their legs broken ....I wondered if George Kenndy was in the movie to save them... Then Stone cut away to all the family crap & I could feel the sentimental bull shit coming...then the two kids behind me got up & left the theatre. I looked around at all the empty seats & thought...Cage doesn't have his bear suit in this one & his funking legs are broke...so he can't kung fu chicks...so I got up & left. I only watched 20 minutes of it, so I can't really review it. But it sure looked like a piece of sentimental shit and a sell out job by Stone.

Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: