The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dancing With the Stars jumps the shark

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Billones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Dancing With the Stars jumps the shark Reply with quote

Ted McGinley (Patron Saint of JumpTheShark.com) is one of the
contestants for the next season of Dancing With the Stars.

I figure that once they had also cast another castmember of
_Hannah Montana_, another member of NSync, and Kim Kardashian,
adding McGinley was simply acknowledging the facts.
tdcheetah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deeply fear the inclusion of any Kardassians.

(How many people on hearing the title "Keeping Up With The Kardassians" thought it was a science-fiction series? Raise your hands. *raises hand* Ok, now how many people on *watching* any random 5 minutes of it, still think it's a science-fiction series? *keeping my hand up and practically waving it in the air like an Arnold Horshack "Pick me, ooh, pick me!" homage*)

But here's the full list, which includes one of tOA's favorite "chefs we love to hate":

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080825/ap_on_en_tv/tv_dancing_with_the_stars;_ylt=AvjA0X8ILHIELNWMlA73X8cLHL8C

It's such a good thing I have this show to connect me with D-list TV or I would be hopelessly disconnected from popular culture...

Lee
tdcheetah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After skipping the Chloris&Kardassian season due to a lack of tolerance for obvious trainwrecks, I enjoyed watching DwtS' last season, so I thought I'd check out who's in the upcoming cast:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/see-whos-on-dwts-next-season/26506?nc

Quote:
Chuck Liddell: The Ultimate Fighting Championship member was dating singer Willa Ford when she competed in the show's third season.

Louie Vito: A professional snowboarder who has participated in the Winter X Games.

Natalie Coughlin: The swimmer earned six gold medals at the 2008 Olympics, making her the youngest female to earn that many at one game -- and breaking her 2004 record.

Michael Irvin: A former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver who was inducted into the Professional Football Hall of Fame in 2007.

Mya: A Grammy-winning R&B singer and former star of Broadway's Chicago.

Kelly Osbourne: The London-born daughter of Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne. She rose to prominence after starring in the family's reality show, The Osbournes.

Macy Gray: She won one Grammy and was nominated for four more. Best known for her tune "I Try" from her multi-platinum debut album, On How Life Is.

Debi Mazar: Stars on Entourage and has also appeared in four Madonna videos: "Papa Don't Preach," "True Blue," "Deeper and Deeper" and "Music."

Ashley Hamilton: The son of George Hamilton and Alana Stewart (and stepson of Rod Stewart), the actor was married to Shannen Doherty for just five months in 2003 to 2004.

Kathy Ireland: The former model (who appeared in Sports Illustrated for 13 consecutive years) now owns her own company, Kathy Ireland Worldwide, which generates an estimated $1.4 billion in sales a year.

Joanna Krupa: Maxim named her the sexiest swimsuit model in the world.

Aaron Carter: A pop singer (and little brother to the Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter) known for dating Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff.

Donny Osmond: The one-time teen idol used to perform with his brothers as a kid in the Osmond Brothers, and later just his sister, Marie Osmond.

Melissa Joan Hart: A mother of two boys, she is most known for starring in Sabrina the Teenage Witch from 1996 to 2003.

Tom DeLay: A former Republican House Majority Leader who resigned after being indicted on campaign finance violations.

Mark Dacascos: The chairman of Kitchen Stadium on Iron Chef America since 2005.

Ok, I see the usual perfectly okay bunch of B to D-list athletes, actors and singers. And who's the token old white guy...

Hint: in the words of Sesame Street, which one of these is not like the others? Which one of these just doesn't belong...

Lee

(Having fun imagining other scandalous Republicans trying to appeal to the "popular vote" aspect of DwtS. How about ol' LuvGuv Sanford, smirking it up as he tries to run SC and train in LA at the same time? Pairing him with one of the more flirtatious dancers would only be icing on the cake. And y'know, I hear Bailin' Palin isn't doing anything these days... On the other hand, would pulling in Dick Cheney as the first participant in a wheelchair be funny or just horribly, creepily wrong? :P)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: