The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Jackson is dead.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Jackson's importance isn't being overplayed.

He was a bad muthafucka in his prime and almost everyone that grew up listening to him had to abandon that because of all the craziness.

Now he's dead and we're all comfortable admitting we loved his shit again.

Thriller sold between 100-109 million copies worldwide. The next tier of albums is AC/DC's Back in Black and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon at 45-million apiece. I know there will be a million excuses for why (and some may even be valid), but selling more than twice as many albums as Nos. 2-3 combined is Ruthian or Wiltesque.

Dangerous is the ninth best selling album of all-time at 39 million and Bad is 11th at 30 million. HISstory only sold 20 million in 1995.

The entire list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_worldwide

And that's before he died. Go check iTunes right now.

None of this means its OK that he molested children, but I understand why people want to overlook it.

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should bury him on his neverworld ranch and make the place a Disneyland type thing and his fans, who hated his guts three weeks ago, can come and look at the body, like christians in the 16th century visiting saints....and then jump on the rides and eat corn dogs. In death, he can pay the bills he couldn't in life. Or just make him a ride at the Disneyland he loved so much.---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His "fans" for the most part loved him three weeks ago. I think you've forgotten how many fans were regularly outside his trial a few years back. He has a large number of hardcore fans who are true believers.

It's not terribly different from Elvis. Despite the drugs, weirdo behavior, and that his strange relationship with Pricilla started when she was 14, Elvis Fans still love The King.

John
Rian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing with OJ, look at all of the fans he had outside the LA courtroom throughout the first trial to when he was "acquitted". They all put the celebrities on a pedestal thinking that they're not like us when in fact they're probably more flawed than the average human being.

They should drag the funeral arrangements into September, I'd bet that it would still be front page news every single day if they did it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: