The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 Rock & Roll HOF Ballot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: 2010 Rock & Roll HOF Ballot Reply with quote

Yeah, so another year, another mixed ballot:

ABBA
Darlene Love
Donna Summer
Genesis
Jimmy Cliff
KISS
Laura Nyro
LL Cool J
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Chantels
The Hollies
(Iggy &) The Stooges

If I had a ballot and had to pick 5 of these people/groups, I'd probably go with:

Genesis
KISS
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Stooges
Jimmy Cliff or ABBA

The only ones I'm hoping to get voted in are Genesis (who got onto the ballot for the first time in 16 or 17 years of eligibility because the Rock HOF hates Prog), RHCP and The Stooges (who haven't been elected in 7 tries and are becoming a Lynyrd Skynyrd/Black Sabbath-type candidate). As for the rest, meh.

-Tomer
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the Red Hot Chili Peppers don't win this year, or ever, I'm OK. I don't think an album made me turn on a band I used to like more than BloodSugarSexMagik did (proof positive Rick Rubin can produce a piece of shit). Fuck Chili Pepper ballads.
Fong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Jann Wenner and Dave Marsh lowered themselves to allow KISS onto the ballot? Do they sense this thing running out of steam with less and less viable bands worthy of induction? Or is it something else?

I imagine if Genesis gets in, Rush comes soon after. Or Yes.

L.L. is interesting. Made some good albums, some singable tunes, had that great MTV Unplugged performance in 1991. But since he has deemed himself a serious actor, his musical output has been mediocre at best.

-HJF
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your five inductees: Genesis, ABBA, The Stooges, The Hollies, Jimmy Cliff.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/12/15/abba-stooges-genesisrock-roll-hall-of-fame/

Of course, various folks are already beating the drums about how ABBA shouldn't be in the Hall... never mind that much of the evidence does indicate they are deserving, regardless of one's personal tastes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: