The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent indy cards attended?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would they book that storyline? It's guaranteed to kill a town dead (and possibly other towns)...
Mike Campbell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who's brilliant idea the match was, but the hugging stuff was done on the fly. Basically to get London off the microphone and to get them out of the ring.
Robster2001

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Kendrick and London weren't "in condition to perform" (taking a trip to Hardyville, perhaps?).

The problem for an indy, of course, is if the featured name performers don't go out in front of the crowd, the crowd will ask for refunds. And if they do send impaired name performers out in front of the crowd, it gets ugly and burns the venue.

The blame isn't on the promoter -- it's Kendrick and London screwing up.

Interestingly, London is doing a run through Virginia today -- a dojo for a Richmond promotion is just wrapping up, and he's heading to Hampton for another dojo and a match tonight. With that schedule, I would hope he's in better condition than his apparent condition in Binghamton. If I hear otherwise, I'll be back... :)
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WrestleReunion is in LA on:

Fri 01/27/12: Dragon Gate USA
Sat 01/28/12: Pro Wrestling Superstars
Sun: 01/29/12: PWG

Pro Wrestling Superstars has a "California WrestleRoyale! The legends of wrestling will battle it out Cali-style… a Battle Royal! This match was a huge hit last year at WrestleReunion 5 and it will return this year as well!" Names on the poster are Vader, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Kevin Sullivan, Tommy Dreamer, Colon, Godfather, Mikey Whipwreck, Molly Holly (!), and the New Age Outlaws.

PWS doesn't seem to be a regular running promotion... their website has just one prior card on it. :) Looks kind of like a Dreamer promotion. My guess is that they'll just slap something together with some of the oldtimers, some of the DGUSA guys and some of the PWG guys.

John
kjh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Johnson on what's up with Chris Hero:

Quote:
OK, why the hell isn't Chris Hero in WWE developmental already?

That seems to be the million dollar question. I haven't heard anything definitive, but know that the company wanted to sign him and he was going through the physical screening. So, either they found something they want to take their time double checking to make sure he's physically fit or they stalled in negotiations. No one in WWE has told me that Hero's deal was pulled and he hasn't gone back to work for ROH or NOAH, so I still say it's just a matter of time. He's too damn good not to be there.

Hopefully, we haven't got another Nigel McGuinness situation on our hands. It's worrying how many of the top indy guys have had difficulty passing WWE's physical entrance exams.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John--Tells us about the PWG card on the 10th.--Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James and I didn't go.

John
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw wrote:
WrestleReunion is in LA on:

Fri 01/27/12: Dragon Gate USA
Sat 01/28/12: Pro Wrestling Superstars
Sun: 01/29/12: PWG

Pro Wrestling Superstars has a "California WrestleRoyale! The legends of wrestling will battle it out Cali-style… a Battle Royal! This match was a huge hit last year at WrestleReunion 5 and it will return this year as well!" Names on the poster are Vader, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Kevin Sullivan, Tommy Dreamer, Colon, Godfather, Mikey Whipwreck, Molly Holly (!), and the New Age Outlaws.

PWS doesn't seem to be a regular running promotion... their website has just one prior card on it. :) Looks kind of like a Dreamer promotion. My guess is that they'll just slap something together with some of the oldtimers, some of the DGUSA guys and some of the PWG guys.

Only announced matches for PWG so far are:

Six-Man Tag Team Never-In-Your-Wildest-Dreams Match II
Super Dragon & Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa vs. El Generico & PAC & Masato Yoshino

Dream Tag Team Match
Blood Warriors (CIMA & Ricochet) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Which is interesting because it means Generico won't be defending the title.

John
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we going to WrestleReunion on 27 & 29? Can we get reserved seats so we can see this time? I know the retard fans will be there. Last years seats sucked. I'll get 1/2 the cost.

Lano asked me to be part of his Los Angeles show on Friday but it's my sleep day & I've given up on my public speaking career.

The Saturday show seems like shit. I think it's the LA NWA TV show.

Nothing sounds good on the PWG show either & Dragon Gate I know nothing about. Still I want to go. It sounds like a yearly event that everyone goes to.--Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind going to both.

John
Regan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a few months out, still, but I just got tickets for the Chikara - ROH doubleheader in Chicago (Ridge). I've caught ROH two or three times, and find it enjoyable, but I'm a little afraid that it will be nearly 7 hours of wrestling. May God have mercy on my soul.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "World's Finest" on March 17, 2012

Four-Way Tag Team Madness: Super Dragon & Kevin Steen vs. Super Smash Bros. vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. The Young Bucks

PWG Title: El Generico (Champion) vs. Eddie Edwards (Challenger)

Davey Richards vs. Kyle O'Reilly
Willie Mack vs. Roderick Strong
Scorpio Sky vs. TJ Perkins
Candice LeRae vs. Joey Ryan

Hmmm... Generico vs Edwards for the Title, with Generico looking for revenge since Edwards was the last person to beat him?

Hoback? Yohe?

:)

John
jkc31

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edwards challenging means Edwards might win. Generico losing to Edwards means Steve and I riot! Right Steve.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...that would piss us off.

Candice LeRae vs. Joey Ryan---Really....poor Joey...Can he handle it? Is Candice one of the owners.

Can't they find another girl wrestler.----Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So;

I'm off this week, so that means I can't go to the PWG card next weekend.

I did get the weekend of April 1 off, so the Wrestlemania KOC is a go for me.

I'm on my annual CAC dinner vacation from April 6 to April 23. I've got stuff to show & Destroyer books for everyone.

Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: