The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Following the LA Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the Spurs have quite a few young guys who can ball now...plus wait until Splitter gets into the system. If anything, the Suns aren't that great anymore compared to what San Antonio has.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's one of those relative things. The Spurs aren't the that averaged 59-23 from 2003-2007, won three titles and were serious contenders in the other two years.

Could they win 50-54 wins like last year before hitting a wall in the post season sooner rather than later? Sure. It's just hard to see them being a serious contender.

Clips need to make better showings against teams in that range if they're for real.

The Spurs were very beatable last year on the road, and not just by good teams. I'm sure a fair amount of them were when the Spurs were banged up. But the Spurs usually are banged in in varrying degrees. :)

John
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clips won there first game of the year Wednesday beating Olk City. Olk City looked terrible and the Clips blew them away. Most observers think they are very over rated this year. Durant played terrible. The next night they beat Portland at Portland.

The Clips are playing better sense Davis got hurt (?). They're starting Eric Bladsoe at point & he is playing well. I hope Del Negro realizes that the kid has beatten out Davis & Foye. Eric Gordon seems to be trying his best to become a major player. DeAndre Jordan is improved.

Chris Kaman was no help. He got benched & played only 23 mins. In the second half, he was standing in the key with the ball, with the defender behind him, so pumped facked four time before missing a easy lay up. Then he ran up court acting like his arm was hurt. Very funny, but the crowd is getting upset & booing him. I've never seen a bigger head case. I hope he understands that he has to play well at least part of the time to stay in the game long enough to screw up the finish. I think he is shooting less than 30%. It's not going to be fun to rag on the guy if everyone in the world knows he sucks.

He may become injured very soon.

I haven't watched tonight's game yet.---Yohe
Rian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slips looked lost tonight vs the Spurs. It's about time to get the train running or it's 20 or so wins on the year.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He may become injured very soon."

I've been at work & some of this I can't remember. The last few days haven't been something I want to remember.

Following the Olk City win, the Clips played someone on Friday, I think Dallas (??). I didn't watch the game, but they lost, falling apart in the 3rd QT...like in every game. Kaman was something like 5 for 15.

Over the weekend they had a great game vs Utah. They destroyed Utah in the first half. Griffin & Kaman went nuts. Kaman hit his first four shots & they were hard shots. But at the 6 min mark, he got his second foul & sat down. When he return in the 2nd QT, he still played well. Ending up with 18 points, a bunch of rebounds and a 16 point lead.

They claimed & it looked like Kaman's slump was over. Then I remembered all the times he scored big & then stopped at around the 20 mark. I'm thinking...will he go into the tank tonight.

The Clips unbelievably, stopped playing. They look like they were playing in sand & just choke like crazy. Utah catches up & takes the lead behind Devon Williams. Kaman scored one basket & then had to leave because of a couple of more fouls. Griffin showed he was a true clipper by choking & doing nothing.

Then Eric Gordon stated playing great & gets them back into the game. It ended up a two overtime loss after Gordon injured his shoulder.

Kaman ended up with 23 points. He scored a early basket in the overtime and then had two shots blocked. So...

Monday at New Orleans, Kaman attempts to end all the bad luck (Gordon is injured & out) by cutting his beard. (he should have cut his head off) N.O. is a new team, that plays great defense and the clips suck. Kaman is 1 for 4 missing his best shot. He gets his 2nd foul around the 6 min mark. The coach doesn't take him out this time. A short time later, a player runs over Kaman's leg & he GOES DOWN. After N. O. scores, Kaman gets up & walks to the dressing room before the trainers can do anything.

With no Kaman I see no reason to watch so I turned it off & the clips lost.

Tonight in San Antonio, the word is that Kaman has a ankle injury & out 2 to 3 weeks. Knowing the Clipper trainers and Kaman, he isn't going to be back for at least 5 weeks. He'll miss more games than play the rest of the year. Kaman was at the game tonight in S.A. but couldn't sit in back of the bench because the NBA pro didn't bring a dress coat on the road trip.

A bad NBA team always has players lining up to be injured. They already have Davis, Gordon, & Kaman gone. The season is over...and I see no reason to watch or post about these losers. Well at least until Kaman returns.

I think they will find out that Jordan, Bledsoe, & Al-Farouq Aminu can play.

Signing out.---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that Yohe will watch a Bad Clippers team to bag on Kaman, but will stop watching a Bad Clippers team if there isn't a Kaman around to bag on. :)

But you're in luck: he'll only be out about 2 weeks. That puts him back around Thanksgiving when they have SAC-PHX-UT in four days... then SanAn, Denver, Portland, Lakers and Sacramento the following week. You should have lots to rip on Kaman in that stretch. :)

John
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say 2 weeks but it will be nore like five. It is the way it works with the clips.--Yohe
Rian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clips put together a good game plan and took advantage of the Spurs cold shooting to finally break an 18 game losing streak vs the Spurs. Spurs did play the 2nd of a back to back but the cold shooting would have done them in even if they were fresh.

At times the Clips look marvelous and at other times they look like rat ball. Vinny may be righting the ship there in due time.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:10 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like that Yohe will watch a Bad Clippers team to bag on Kaman, but will stop watching a Bad Clippers team if there isn't a Kaman around to bag on. :)

But you're in luck: he'll only be out about 2 weeks.

They say 2 weeks but it will be more like five. It is the way it works with the clips.--Yohe

Well it's now Dec 2. Kaman says he's afraid of returning because he doesn't want to screw up the Griffin-Gordon timing, sense they have won 3 games. Blake says he wants Kaman back because they're short on 30% shooters.---Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the San Antonio game, Tony Parker played 13 minutes on the day he met with his wife. Does she realize shes going to lose her season seats?--Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaman made his big comeback tonight against Denver. He played Ok in the first half. Then played a few minutes in the 3rd QT before getting 5 fouls & not returning. Del Negro played Brian Cook in the 4th QT and he hit 4 shoots & played OK in the loss like he does 3 or 4 times a year. I stayed awake for most of this after sleeping thru the Laker win.--Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yohe watching the Clipper is like jdw watching Hulk Hogan."
-tOA Readers

;)

John
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaman's comeback lasted 1 1/2 games, before he hurt the ankle again. Is 5 weeks too long.

The Clips beat Sacramento and are out of last place with 5 wins. That was easy.

Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clips came within 0.1 seconds of beating the Lakers tonight but were jinked by John Williams calling me, as he did with Portland years ago and the 7th game of last years championship win, and the two of us talked the Lakers to victory. Ended up a fun game. Clipper rebounded tonight for some reason. I think it was just the Lakers fucking with them again.--Yohe
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Kaman out three weeks with ankle. He's played in a whopping 10 games this season. Gonna miss Steve bagging on the Clips until the new year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 2 of 52

Jump to: