The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Following the LA Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaman is ruining the potential of this thread. ;)
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clips won their third game in a row tonight. I'm starting to believe in Griffin as the next great player.---Yohe
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Griffin serves the NBA-required 5 years in the Clip Joint, he will be a free agent in the summer of 2014.

Coincidentally, the Los Angeles Lakers have $0 committed to players for 2014-15. Kobe's $30M and Pau's $20M would be final years in 2013-14.

Just saying.

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically play out his current contract, then accept the Clippers Qualifying Offer rather than Maximum Qualifying Offer, take the risk of a bad injury but the reward of unrestricted FA? That's what Olowokandi did. :)

Watch the Clip start sniffing around in this off season about extending him, making sure to get it signed between his 3rd and 4th seasons (counting the season he was hurt as a "season" in the contract).

If things go poorly again next year, I could see him deciding to take the qualifying offer and get out of Dodge. It's a hell hole, and I'm sure there will be teams lined up around the block to sign him.

John
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should post something about the Clips turning things around. I think they have won something like 6 out of 9. They destroyed Denver tonight. Not only is Griffin a sensation, but Jordan has become a major player. Tonight he had 18 rebounds & was blocking everything Denver threw up. They are now a fun team to watch & will probably win a lot of games thru the rest of the year.

Kaman was seen hiding behind the Clipper bench in a suit. They say he's not near ready to return eight weeks after he sprained his ankle. The announcers were joking about weather he knew the name of the man Lou Gehrig replaced at 1st base. Jordan is a lock as a starter. I think Kaman will be traded for a guard soon. I'll be the only person who'll miss him.---Steve Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat Miami tonight. They're a good team now. Wonder if John watched. Guess not.--Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Duke-FSU (Duke losing), then Lakers-Warriors on tape. That ate up the evening.

Looking at the box, the Clippers shot extremely well (including from three), while the Heat didn't. Looked like a trap game with the Heat looking ahead to playing their buddy Mello, and then Rose & the Bulls.

I'd worry about calling the Clippers "good" until they .500+ and in the 8th spot for the playoffs. The Bobcats are 6-4 in their last 10, and have won 4 straight. Good?

John
JAG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched and the Clippers have a boatload of talent.

Wait, is this 2001 or 2006?

The key from flipping to it during the Laker game seemed to be Baron Davis giving a shit and playing really well.

Griffin is special, Gordon is really good and DeAndre Jordan is going to get a 7-foot payday from somebody.

The Heat was due, which is the other big reason. :)

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My god... look what Yohe is doing to us. We're talking about the CLIPPERS on a night of a Lakers game. There's something really wrong with that.

:)

John
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only did they win, but it was a great game. Griffin vs James was a big deal all week and it wasn't a disappointment. 19,000 people watching the heels get beat. Clips had 47 points in the 1st QT. A lot of fun.

The Laker/GS matchup was a good game, with Koby going nuts for his Northern Cal fans, but it was just another game.

Griffin hurt his back during the game, is this the Clipper curse raising it's head. The way he plays and the muscle he carries makes me wonder how he couldn't have a bad back.

It was my first real look at Miami. They still look like three stars & a bunch of pieces. Is that good enough? Wade I believe in and is a lion, but still don't know about James. He just seems to be picking his spots.

Bosh has all kinds of cool fakes. If I was gaurding him, I wouldn't go for any of them and just wait for the ball to leave his hand & then try to block it. He destroyed Jordan last night.

The defence looked like shit last night. I think you have to get the ball up court fast and don't wast any time starting your plays. If you don't, your not going to have time enough to get a good shot.

Don't foul them. If they beat you, let them go. If they slam, clear out. The three of them can foul out your whole team.

Clips play Lakers Sunday. John will have to watch.

Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
Griffin hurt his back during the game, is this the Clipper curse raising it's head. The way he plays and the muscle he carries makes me wonder how he couldn't have a bad back.

He plays so intense that one does worry about that body holding up.

Quote:
Clips play Lakers Sunday. John will have to watch.

Hmmm... pretty booked up sports day:

Pacific Times
6:05am Liverpool vs Everton (FSC)
8:10am Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United (FCS)
10:00am Seahawks vs Bears (FOX)
10:00am PBA World Championship (ESPN)
12:30pm ET Lakers vs Clippers (KCAL)
1:30pm Jets vs Patriots (CBS)
6:00pm ET Nuggets vs Spurs (ESPN)

I might have to DVR the Laker-Clippers and watch it between the Jets-Pat and the Nuggets-Spurs. :)

John
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit...it's just football.---Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Clippers kicked the Lakers' ass & there is no other way to explain it. It will be fun from here on. John must have watched. He always hates being wrong. If the Clips do make the playoffs, guess who they see in the first round.---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I watched it. Made me sick.

They 14-25, six games out of 8th place (21-20 Portland). "Six games out" really isn't as small as it seems. The Clips are still 11 games under .500 while the Blazers are over .500. Three out of the next five games for the Blazers are against the Kings and T-Wolves. The others are the Clippers and Pacers.

The Clips do have their own generally light schedule the rest of the month.

The key for the Clips to make the playoffs is what the Nuggets do as far as Mello. If they trade Mello & Co. soon, they're likely to freefall out of the playoffs. But right now they're 23-17. The trade deadline is Feb. 19. They have 17 games before the deadline:

vs OKC
vs LAL
vs IND
at WAS
at DET
at CLE
at PHI
at NJ
at POR
vs UT
at MIN
vs HOU
at GS
vs DAL
at MEM
at HOU
at MIL

Overall record of those opponents is 301-374, but the record of the teams they play on the road is a staggering 157-279.

If the Nuggets don't trade Mello, they'll hang onto a playoff spot. If they wait until the all star break, there are a lot of potential wins in those 17 games. They need to go 18-24 the rest of the way to get to win 41 games. The Clippers need to go 27-16.

Not easy for the Clips to go 27-16 the rest of the way.

John
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They beat Indiana this afternoon, pretty much like they beat the Lakers. Griffin had 47 points. Most of them on jump shots.---Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 3 of 52

Jump to: