The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Following the LA Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clippers avoid the upset by the Cavs.

6 1/2 games separate 8 from 9. And there's only Sacramento and the Lakers that are in the bottom half of the West, that haven't been eliminated yet.

What's even astounding is that the Clips might still have a chance at the 4th seed, and hosting a playoff series.
corrado

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They clinched a playoff spot tonight. 6 wins in a row.

Very impressive considering the talent that left from the past few seasons and beyond. Cheers.
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did hit a snag in the past week and as a result are going to be the 8th seed. Which means facing the Warriors.

Well they had a good run this year.
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They held their own for a little while. But after some questionable calls, a blowout loss.

Beverley is going to be a pain for the Warriors. His defense will give them fits. Durant had enough, and both him and Beverley got tossed.

At least Durant got ejected. When draymond yelled at the ref to his face, not a technical. No wonder the refs have been upset about how players treat them. And vice versa.
corrado

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A extraordinary comeback by the Clips in Game 2. Down 31 points and they won. One of the greatest comebacks in playoff history.

More bad news for the warriors as Cousins might have tore his quad too.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou Williams plays that very game every night. I hate the Clips, but he gets my MVP vote.

I wanted to watch the Detroit game the other day, just to see how Griffin was doing in the playoffs. Turned it on & Blake was injured. Just like the good old days.--Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit's Blake Griffin has been out for two games with a knee bothering him. But he has still managed to get two "T" sitting on the bench. Some people never change. ---Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, Boban is doing well this postseason. Even making some 3's. With Embiid not at 100%, and missing a game, its important he does well.

I always questioned the Clippers' lack of usage of him, but I guess they're not complaining since Harrell has had a great year.
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake did return tonight. He clearly was not 100& But he was the only one from Detroit making an effort in another blowout loss, that nearly bored me to sleep. He also got some MVP chants as well.
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit got swept. Still Blake played through the pain. And it was nice to see that his rep improved this series.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clips force a game 6. They got a lot of stones, this team.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a huge win, something a fan base will remember. Until they win a game 6, they still are just another Clipper team getting blow away in the 1st round. Still against the world champs & the dominating team of this era...this win was major. A win in the next game will be a "holy shit" moment.

The Lakers are a low as they have ever been...with the front office falling apart & the ex-coach looking like a rapist in the national press. The Clips coming off as something important is something they have to deal with to be thought of a the top team in the market.

This Summer is everything to the Lakers. Then need a major FA or a huge trade to set up next year...or they have to give up any idea of a James title...and move to spending money on the young talent they have. They are in a bad spot & it doesn't seem they have the brain power to over come. After six of being shit, they can't survive another rebuilding period.

The Clips are two wins away from making LA fans forget the Lakers. I have been watching these game cheering GS on. Fucking Lou William is killing me.---Steve Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure yohe is happy with what is transpiring. Durant is stepping up bigtime. Against perhaps one of his suitors.

And now one of the most interesting offseasons for the Clippers. Will they get at least one max player? I could see perhaps Jimmy Butler be part of the Clips next year. He seems to have Hollywood aspirations. They have to make sure that they find stars willing to coexist with their rising stars. Lou Williams, Harrell, Pat Beverley if he signs. Don't make this like the Cp3/Blake Griffin era where there were occasional clashes with Doc Rivers etc. Find more humble stars.

I would bet more that they fall short of getting max stars, and continue building for a very successful future via the draft. And perhaps finding a way to replicate their success from this year with "lunchpail" veteran players instead of the CP3/Blake Griffin era.
corrado

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry West is staying with the Clips. Some encouraging news for them.
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So because of the uncertainty of Kawhi, the Clippers have been quiet for the first night of free agency. Could be what the Lakers wanted. With both teams in pursuit of Kawhi, its stopped the Clips from focusing on role players etc.

Maybe a victory for the Lakers, even if Kawhi returns to Toronto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 50 of 52

Jump to: