The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Following the LA Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So despite it being a "home game" Clippers got booed against the team they share the same arena with. And despite Paul George being out, they still managed an impressive win.
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this team could be for real. Very impressive two game stretch.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for the past couple of back to back game stretches for the Clips, Kawhi has rested one of those two games. Seems the league finally got wise of Doc Rivers:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-fines-clippers-for-doc-rivers-statement-regarding-kawhi-leonards-load-management-000058853.html
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Doc Rivers. Not only did the Clippers lose to the Rockets, but it seems his son may still be feeling a big mad at being traded by him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQk-hZI1T30
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st game that kawhi and Paul George played together and it results in a big OT win over one of the best teams in the league. Maybe that will get them going.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clips are good.

Note: this also means the Celtics are good as well. Tough overtime road loss against one of the real Title contenders.

We're still early in the year and things change not only in the marathon of a long season, but also in the playoffs. But that was a terrific match up of two title contenders.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the new announcers on the clipper station to be really hard to sit thru. I enjoy the Laker game a lot more. I think the Lakers are a better team Ö. at least I hope they are. Other than the first game, the Clips don't impress me. They are going to have stuff go wrong.... just like always. --- Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to back wins over title contenders.

Christmas is going to be so fun at Staples.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Houston game was something.--Yohe
JAG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Uncle John just call the Celtics contenders?

LOL and LMAO.

Contenders for what?

They are gutty, gritty, overachievers just like their fans like so they can give all the credit to the white coach.

Pretenders might be too strong. Thatís the Rockets.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO = Laugh My Ass Off? John you going to let Jag say something like that?

I was impressed with Toronto. I'm thinking there going to win the East again. Does that idea make asses drop to the floor.---Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually give the edge in the East to the Raptors at the moment. Maybe one of the more pleasant surprises in the league, in that they haven't lost much of a step despite losing Kawhi and Danny Green. Siakam is taking the next step and Vanvleet is doing well.. I would say the top 4 teams in the East are the Raptors, Celtics, Bucks and Philly. Though Philly's depth is much weaker than last year.
corrado

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clippers blowing out MVP leader Luka Doncic and the Dallas Mavericks.
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clippers lose in a return outing to San Antonio for Kawhi. Their worst game by far in a long long time.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the Clippers strategy will be when it comes to W-L record.

Clearly they're going to be working the Kawhi load management spot the whole year and rest him whenever there's a worry about his health or workload. They want him healthy come the post season.

They likely will pick spots for Paul George as well. Right now they would like to see him get into game shape, but they likely don't want him to wear down. They were able to win without him (7-4), but kicked it up a notch when he got back (8-2) including wins over HOU, BOS and beating up the Mavs in Dallas.

My guess is that they generally don't care if they have a better record then the Lakers. A series between the two will have everything here at Staples with no travel... it's a series that both teams probably don't care a great deal about home court.

On some level, the Lakers running away with the best records in the West (and perhaps the Lakers obsessing on it a bit) would be perfectly fine with the Clippers. Takes the pressure off and lets them go about their business.

In turn the Clippers would be happy to slip into the #2 or #3 spot. Host the first round. My guess is that while they wouldn't fear Denver getting the #2 spot and needing to play them without the home court, they likely would prefer not to have to play a lot of games in Denver in the playoffs. Getting extending in the altitude isn't ideal when you think you've got a #1 seeded Lakers next. That might be one team that Doc looks to finish ahead of if the teams are close come the last 10 games.

They likely will try to avoid the #4 or #5 spots if the Lakers are #1. Those mean that even if they get through the Lakers in what could be a war in the WCSF, they then go on the road in the WCF. Then play someone from the East who will likely have the home court on them.

Anything below that would be a disaster and mean that they got hit with some key injuries.

So I think #2 or #3 would be the general plan, especially if the Lakers run away and hide with the #1 spot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 52 of 54

Jump to: