The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So last night, the Undertaker...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: So last night, the Undertaker... Reply with quote

Last night, after Brock Lesnar surpisingly lost, the Undertaker was interviewed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjHtxPew5Os

Wonder how Vince feels about one of his biggest stars showing up in the biggest competitor they have. He has enough on his plate as of late.

On one hand he could be loving this, since Lesnar if he caves in, could be a good opponent for Taker at Mania. But I strongly doubt it.

On the other hand, this is a very rare time of Taker not being in his current gimmick, and things like that dont sit well with Vince. Esp, Taker's wife showing up in the background too.

I also like how Taker was clearly affected after Brock showed up. Showing a little bit of fear there.
Rian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that before or after? Brock looked to be cleaned up rather well.
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After.

Edit: Looks like Vince has really lost it:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/10/24/1770830/vince-mcmahon-wants-brock-lesnar-to-face-the-undertaker-at

Wow.
Rian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock won't agree to come back just to lose...that's kind of obvious. Undertaker looked rather small compared to Brock, the bandana doesn't do him any good except make him look older (but then again so does the receding hairline).
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like Brock is done in MMA. The UFC heavyweight title has bounced around *forever*, and Brock remains the biggest star in the game. He'll have lots more matches in UFC, and plenty of shots at getting the title. Unless Gonzo turns into a Silva or GSP who holds the title for 4+ years, and turns out to be similar to Silva-Franklin (the one guy in the division Franklin couldn't beat), then Brock will keep getting pushed.

Examples?

Tito fought on the card, and he's beyond washed up.

Look at how long Chuck kept fighting after he was washed up, and how long he was a still a draw.

Brock isn't going to come back for Mania when he has loads of money to make on MMA.

John
El-P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Taker wasn't supposed to break out of character in public, ever. Very odd to see. Taker looks old...
El-P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: So last night, the Undertaker... Reply with quote

corrado wrote:
. Esp, Taker's wife showing up in the background too.

The hot looking blonde behind him ?
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Michelle Mccool.

Here's a better interview from after the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnyWpWpDRXw&feature=related

You could tell he's a huge MMA expert. He did make me laugh with his constant use of "ya know."
Rian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had no idea he married Michelle McCool either.
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one was supposed to know, a mild brouhaha broke out a few weeks ago when pictures of Michelle and `Taker's wedding hit facebook.
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dana White told TMZ.com that he would not approve of a Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker match at WrestleMania, noting Lesnar is under an exclusive contract with UFC. "He is not going to wrestle in the WWE. He cannot wrestle, box or fight anywhere else."

From Meltzer. So that idea is dead now.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised it even had any legs. I think Dave even pointed out the the contract over the weekend. :)

John
Tomer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw wrote:
I'm surprised it even had any legs. I think Dave even pointed out the the contract over the weekend. :)

John

Given that the UFC blocks fighters from doing almost anything outside the UFC (such as Fedor wanting to do Sambo tournaments), it's not a shock.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From reading the WON, Undertaker is in a angle where he is getting his butt kicked by Kane every night. To me, what means UT is about done for.

Vince's last WM had nothing special & I think he's out of ideas. Going for Lesnar seems like the last good idea.

Why would the UFC care? Will working a match on the biggest wrestling show of the year hurt Lesnar MMA career? No. Lesnar is a pro wrestler. He used to work every night. One huge match is probably less of a workout than he gets every day in workouts. One match=a couple of million dollars. No brainer for something he's going to be looking to do once he loses a few MMA fights in a row. Get as much money as you can, while you can.

Lesnar will not be doing a job. He'll be put over, so he'll have a chance to make more money for Vince. I don't think Vince would ask him to job. That would just be bad crazy booking. Everyone in pro wrestling has pride in what Lesnar has done in MMA, and everyone wants only the best for him. He is this generations Lou Thesz or Ed Lewis. It would be a great last match for Undertaker.

UFC fans who look down on pro wrestling aren't going to watch it & will forget it happened the next day. Do any of them know or care that Lesnar did a job for Kurt Angle in Japan a few short years ago (6-29-07)? No, it's a joke to them. Most wrestling fans watch UFC and they'll want to see UT get that loss at WM.

I don't watch WWE anymore, but anything that would make WM interesting is cool for me. Compared with fighting, it's easy money and the WWE needs him because they have run out of true pro wrestling stars.

If Lesnar does go to the UFC and tells them he wants to do it and he will do it, they'll give in. They or "he" will realize it's a lot of money for nothing and it's just play acting. It would be good PR for the UFC, as long as they, themselves, play no part in promoting it.---Steve Yohe
eron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: So last night, the Undertaker... Reply with quote

corrado wrote:
I also like how Taker was clearly affected after Brock showed up. Showing a little bit of fear there.

You got the idea of Taker looking fearful? Did you hear him? He asked Brock if he wanted to go. He pretty much called him out to a fight when Brock just fought Cain. Sounds to me like a guy full of confidence challenging a fight he would know he'd win.

Anyway, it's really all personal history between Brock and Taker. Brock was supposed to put Taker over when he returned as the Dead Man and he left for the NFL instead. Since Taker did lots to put Brock over a year or so before, he's probably bitter about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: