The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Rock's return to the WWE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or not.

We're about to find out how much The Rock can draw in spite of the WWE and its piss-poor booking.

That was a terrible RAW, but I'll be curious to see how the final two hours did in the ratings and what the peak was.

Jagdip
kjh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWE News: Raw TV ratings report for Monday's three-hour Rock episode

The final two hours did a 3.4 rating, no breakdown into quarters yet.
JAG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Survivor Series was just there.

The NYC crowd was the highlight as Vince put on a basic show that paid off with Rock dropping the People's Elbow for the pin at the end.

Rock has dropped a shitload of weight and was juiced out of his mind, so he looked like an action figure of himself. He was great in the ring during his short bursts.

He's so much better a performer than everyone else on the roster its scary. And that includes C.M. Punk, who did have a nice title win and celebration, but it would be more impactful if it wasn't the ninth title change since May.

Hope they can trick Rock into coming back for the Rumble and winning it. Until then, back to regularly scheduled, boring-ass programing.

Jagdip
Rian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would they need The Rock to go into the Royal Rumble? He's already scheduled to face Cena for the title (yes that means Cena will be the champ before Wrestlemania again). Doesn't anyone else remember that?
JAG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rian wrote:
Why would they need The Rock to go into the Royal Rumble? He's already scheduled to face Cena for the title (yes that means Cena will be the champ before Wrestlemania again). Doesn't anyone else remember that?

Because they would get a shitload more buys for the Rumble if he was in it.

A babyface can always go the "I want to earn my shot" route.

Jagdip
Rian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But The Rock clearly said he didn't care about the WWE title (or whichever title it is, I get that title and the Mark Henry title confused). Someone else needs to win the Rumble, but they could do it with The Rock's help? Wasn't it Austin and McMahon who brawled outside the ring and into the back a good number of years ago?

Can do the same with The Rock getting involved and costing someone the victory (maybe Cena)?
kjh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAG wrote:
Rock has dropped a shitload of weight and was juiced out of his mind, so he looked like an action figure of himself.

It's been amusing to hear Dave Meltzer tap dance around this on his message board and radio show.
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjh wrote:
JAG wrote:
Rock has dropped a shitload of weight and was juiced out of his mind, so he looked like an action figure of himself.

It's been amusing to hear Dave Meltzer tap dance around this on his message board and radio show.

Dave has cultivated that relationship for years, so he's not to going to call him on it. I'm sure some if has to do with the G.I. Joe movie as well and I don't think it's a big deal, just is what it is.

Jagdip
Jeremy Billones

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've guaranteed Cena/Rock at WM. They've never said it would be for a title. (Even by WWE standards, that would be a bad idea.)
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock actually has looked juiced for a while. He was massive in some of the photo shots that leaked out while making the movie with Vin Diesel. Call it part for Wrestling and part for Mid Life Crisis perhaps.

John
Rian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Billones wrote:
They've guaranteed Cena/Rock at WM. They've never said it would be for a title. (Even by WWE standards, that would be a bad idea.)

Pretty sure they guaranteed for the title when it was first "signed". The Rock didn't care about the title, just that he wanted to beat Cena.

Of course it's not like they don't forget things left and right and just sweep it under the rug.

*edit* Watched the original faceoff after WM between Rock and Cena...kept bringing up people's champ vs Cena but no mention of the belt. Maybe I'm thinking of something that happened before WM between Miz, Cena, and TR?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: