The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kevin Nash piece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Kevin Nash piece Reply with quote

On Grantland...

Kevin Nash's Next Angle: The controversial wrestling star has made a fortune in the ring and is making headway in Hollywood. So why can't he sleep at night?
Kronos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a nice profile. Nash does think a lot of himself. But here, he comes across more as super-confident than arrogant. And he's a nice mix of those guys who worship rasslin, like Foley, and guys who hate it, like Warrior.

And his idea of how to break into movies is interesting, for sure. It's gotta be tough for a guy his size to do much beyond variations of Bouncer and Tough Guy. But he was quite good in his smallish part in Magic Mike -- and actually the only good thing, beyond the tits, in the abysmal Dead or Alive. The guy's watchable, if he can get hooked up with decent scripts and directors.

The description of the IWC stings a bit, but it's accurate.
Rian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's old and washed up. He'll blow through his money before he's 60.
kjh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a piece on Cageside Seats about: Grantland reveals why Kevin Nash wants another run in WWE

Got to love Hulk Hogan admitting that he's played Dixie Carter with Nash's help like a fiddle while still working for her company. :-)
Jeremy Billones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos wrote:
[Nash was] actually the only good thing, beyond the tits, in the abysmal Dead or Alive.

I thought Nash was just as bad as everyone else in that movie, which I suppose is a compliment of sorts.
Kronos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Billones wrote:
Kronos wrote:
[Nash was] actually the only good thing, beyond the tits, in the abysmal Dead or Alive.

I thought Nash was just as bad as everyone else in that movie, which I suppose is a compliment of sorts.

Well, he was basically playing Hogan, and it amused me. Still, it's quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen at the theater (Up there with Speed 2, anyway), so all he had to do to stand out was deliver one or two lines decently.
Jeremy Billones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos wrote:
Still, it's quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen at the theater (Up there with Speed 2, anyway)

Ah, I only saw it on cable.

Worst film I've ever paid to see was probably Attack of the Clones - which I only sat through because my sister insisted on seeing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: