The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PWHF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: PWHF Reply with quote

I was looking at the PWHF site and the Selection committee (now called the Screening Committee) in 2014 (maybe 2013 it isn't clear) was Johnny Mantell, Ray Licameli (Doink the clown #3) and Stan Hansen.

The distinguished Selection Committee (29 voters--seems someone forgot) had only 3 historians: Luce. Oliver, & Teal. All from North America.

It's going to be a very friendly HOF from now on. I don't care if it has a building or not, it's credibility is falling apart. A HOF for the wrestlers by the wrestlers.

I hear you can now buy wrestler's autographs at the HOF weekend for $15.

"The PWHF is proud to announce our Class of 2014:

Pioneer Era: Stu Hart and Leroy McGuirk
Television Era: Bruiser Brody and Mr. Wrestling #2 Johnny Walker
Modern Era: Don Muraco and The Masked Superstar Bill Eadie
Ladies: Sherri Martel
Tag Team: The Fargos, Don and Jackie
Colleague: Gary Hart
International: Lord Alfred Hayes"

Misawa, Jumbo Tsuruta, Blue Demon, Canek, Choshu, Dara Singh, Fujinami, Maeda, Perro Aguayo,in the International group?....no lets go with Lord Alfred Hayes.

Stu Hart as a wrestler. Just think how many main events he had at MSG, St Louis, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, etc. Did he main event in Calgary? Ok...lets list all the titles he won........Ok titles he won in Calgary........? Gee wasn't he the owner? Oh I know the basement. That's major. Sorry I just don't get it. I know he was a great guy and had a lot of friends. What a Pioneer..like Davey Crockett...no he promoted in Charlotte. Sorry.

Steve Yohe
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most important development since Linda McMahon ran for political office. It might some day cause the hall to draw as many visitors as the Empire State Building since King Kongs are now connected to both.

When will Jim Londos be signing autographs at the hall? I'll pay for a photo and signature.

Ken
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoe posted on PWO:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/32476-pwhf-is-moving

Here's the press release:

Quote:
WICHITA FALLS, TEXAS (November 19, 2015) - The Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame (PWHF) announced today plans to relocate the organization's headquarters, hall of fame and museum to Wichita Falls. President of the PWHF, Johnny Mantell made the announcement during a ceremony at the new headquarters, which will be located in the Annex of the First Wichita Building, known locally as Big Blue.

Mantell said, "The Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame honors the men and women in this business around the World! Professional wrestling has strong roots in Wichita Falls and we are proud to bring the Hall of Fame and Museum to Big Blue in downtown Wichita Falls."

Henry Florsheim, president and CEO of the Wichita Falls Chamber of Commerce said, "Wrestling is a huge part of our culture; in fact, the largest crowds our coliseum ever draws are for professional wrestling. This is a huge feather in the cap for Downtown Wichita Falls and the city as a whole, and may well turn in to one of our largest tourism draws."

Additionally, the PWHF plans to host the 15th annual induction weekend in May 2016 in Wichita Falls. The inductees are as follows:

Pioneer - Earl McCready & Joe Pazandak
Ladies - Leilani Kai
Colleague - Gene Okerlund
International - Peter Maivia
Tag Team - The Blackjacks (Lanza & Mulligan)
Television - Hans Schmidt & Greg Valentine
Modern - Stone Cold Steve Austin & Sgt. Slaughter

Past inductees include such legends as Bruiser Brody, Danny Hodge, Stan Hansen, Wendi Richter, Ric Flair, Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan. In the past, the event has included a wrestling show, street fair, collectors & memorabilia convention, meet & greet with Hall of Famers and a ticketed induction banquet. For more information on the ceremony, contact Wichita Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau at 1-800-799-6732 or visit www.PWHF.org.

The Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum is a 501C-3, nonprofit, chartered in December 1999. Presently the PWHF is housed in Amsterdam, NY. PWHF is the only brick and mortar Hall of Fame for Professional Wrestling in the world, displaying memorabilia dating as far back as the Civil War.

Yohe always wanted to go back to Texas. ;)
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all new to me. Wichita Falls TEXAS??!! That's crazy. I always thought the PWHF was funded in some way by the state of NY. So what happened...the state refused to pick up the bill, so they moved to a small city in Texas. Everyone involved in the hall is from the East Coast. Some major Historians go because they are located near NY & they don't want to travel to LV for the CAC dinner. It also takes them away from WWE territory, which they love so much.
.--Steve Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Eighties All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: