The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GAME OF THRONES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guren

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a big fan of the series "Soap", and that is a good example of a show that was abruptly cancelled without being able to resolve its storylines. The final episode had multiple cliffhangers with all of the major characters in some sort of peril.

The series finale of Soap

glenn
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the endings are not "good". Doesn't matter what the reason was, the ending sucked. That's my point. I don't care about the reason...Deadwood went off the air. HBO's series ending sucked. (I win.. end of argument.) Why should I trust them with my time after that?

Something else is wrong with HBO. A good percent of the sex in Game of Thrones isn't in the book. HBO added the rape scene of Sansa with Reek watching on her wedding night. All the gay stuff was added by them (I think) for no real reason.

I stopped watching TV shows in 1965. I don't like TV much. Stupid stuff for the most part. I watch sports, news, & interview shows...or historical stuff. Over the last few years I've gotten into Game of Thrones, Deadwood, the pope series & the monster thing on showtime, but why bother if they are going to fall apart at the end or have bad guys win?

My point is any book, Movie, TV show, or wrestling angle should start with the finish. Then fill in the rest. Know where your going before you start. A good finish should be there, before you work on anything else. I seen many bad movies and stuff that was made up as they went along and when the time came to rap up....they have nothing. It's called having a plan & having control. I'll shut up.---Yohe
Ray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdw wrote:

"The King stay the King."
-D'Angelo

;)

Now I want to re-cast GoT with all the characters from The Wire...
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guren wrote:
I was a big fan of the series "Soap", and that is a good example of a show that was abruptly cancelled without being able to resolve its storylines. The final episode had multiple cliffhangers with all of the major characters in some sort of peril.

The series finale of Soap

Soap was awesome!

"I'm Invisible"
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
Something else is wrong with HBO. A good percent of the sex in Game of Thrones isn't in the book. HBO added the rape scene of Sansa with Reek watching on her wedding night. All the gay stuff was added by them (I think) for no real reason.

There was a weeding night rape in the book. It was a fake-Sansa. The show runners combined the Real Sansa with the Fake Sansa thinking it was too complex to deal with.

Two odd things about that:

#1 - readers of the book went batshit crazy over the rape in the show, and for good reason

#2 - the show runners knew all along that they were going to get to the point Martin hasn't covered with books before long, so they frankly could have stretched out the series by including all the subplots

There's plenty of pieces around the web covering the first one. Frankly to me it's late to the game for Book Fans to complain about rapes in the Show as (i) the show runners have been fuckheads on it for too long anyway, and (ii) the amount of rapes and other shit in the books was tough to defend anyway. It's one of the various things that made me stop giving a fuck about the books.

On the second... I always thought it was just dumbshit stuff by the show runners not to go slow on adapting stuff. They really should have known.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
What's really wrong with the show is George Martin, who hasn't written anything in 12 years.

1996 A Game of Thrones
1998 The Hedge Knight (Novella)
1999 A Clash of Kings
2000 A Storm of Swords
2003 The Sworn Sword (Novella)
2005 A Feast for Crows
2010 The Mystery Knight (Novella)
2011 A Dance with Dragons
2013 The Princess and the Queen (Novella)
2014 The Rogue Prince (Novella)

Not counting the 1500+ unpublished pages that he's written and still farting around with, he has written and published stuff in the past 12 years. Even discounting Feast for Crows as likely being finished writing in 2004 (to be published in 2005), he still has churned out a 1056 book and and a few hundred pages of novellas.

After the first three books, he's been going at about a book every 5-6 years.

As far as knowing how it ends, he long since has known how it ends. Getting there is his problem.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Of Thrones got renewed by HBO for season #7. Kit Harington is back & so is Snow.--Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian McShane has signed on for a role next season.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Game of Thrones gets 12 Emmys. Some kind of a record in their worst season. Someone was saying their going to do 8 seasons.---Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Joh Snow was going to lead the battle against the White Walkers, who look unbeatable. Even after Melisandre brings him back to life, killing him will have no reason and it will be some BS thing that leads to nothing. Martin has let people know that he's coming back in the book, but the film people are sticking to the idea he's dead. Harington has cut his hair and is telling everyone his contract has been voided. Who are they kidding! Who's going to battle the White Walkers & the zombie army now. No one cares about the Night's Watch now. There a bunch of asshole who broke their vows now by killing their commander. Show will be back. They're working us. "

Yohe: Yeah he's back after Melisandre woke him up. I'm very happy.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I think Ramsey will sick around thru the show and kill his father at some point....maybe soon. "

Done in #2.

Arya needs to get moving because most of the people on her list are dead already.--Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not knowing anything:

Next season or late in the game....I think Cersei will find the solution to her problems is to Kill King Tommen and betray her motherly love....Jaime will find out & kill Cersei....his life long true love. The King slayer ends up saving his son...the King.

Jaime or someone will tell Tommen who his real father is....and the boy king will give the throne to Daenerys. So that would eliminate one battle being filmed. I think the ending of the show with have Daenerys as King or ruler...but it will go to black with her becoming a evil god & crazy like the mad King.....so that would set up more books & a movie. Maybe she'll behead babyface Tommen, to get the point across. This is a cash cow, & no studio will let it just stop. So you can't have a happy ending & you still need to resolve everything & keep fans satisfied. It will be judged by it's ending.

With Jaime, taking Riverrun this week, I think he'll tell the Tully army that they can die .....or go to Castle Black & join the Night's Watch. So Jon Snow will get his army....maybe not in time to take Winterfell but they'll be there for the final battle with the White walkers & the zombe guys.

I think the King White Walker knows that Jon Snow is a Targaryen, and a truce was made years ago between the beaten White Walkers and the Dragon King. Once the Targaryens were all usurped & killed off....and the fire breathing Dragons disappeared....they felt there oath died with them...and so they returned from the North. But Jon is a Targaryen and may have some power over them....maybe that's why he can kill them. (This theory does work time wise, the Dragon kings have just been around for 400 years...I think. Maybe the deal was with the Starks, but that doesn't work as well?)

I think Jaime will end up in the North with Jon Show or with the Boltons. Maybe he'll be sent there by the King or because Cersei is upset he didn't kill the Tully Army. So Jaime feels betrayed by everyone but Brienne of Tarth. Maybe Jamie is sent with the Lannister army, because the Boltons were given the North by the King. Seeing Jamie with Ramsey Bolton would be a monster. Wait....the North was given to Littlefinger.

Jamie is a great character & there is so much you can do with him. Both as a face & heel. He and Tyrion are going to face up too. What's Bronn going to do? Do Jamie & Bronn go at it? There is so much story you can do with Jamie. We do not, after 7 season, really know if he is a good guy ...or not.

I think Ramsey will dominate Jon's army next week....then Littlefinger will save the day & help Jon win....Ramsey will excape with the Umbers and the Karstark.....then Lord Baelish will betray the Starks & claim the north for himself. I think the plan always was to have Littlefinger the main heel in the show. The writers arn't going to let him go, because it was always set up for him. He has been on the sidelines all season, to set this up at the end of the year.

Ramsey is too great a character to kill off. He is the greatest heel on TV. It's a huge bone to anyone who kills him off. So who? Jon is too easy. Baelish or even Jaime may be the guys. Maybe Theon? Sansa? It will be a great moment on the show. Ramsey is the guy who always won out over everyone. He is one evil fuck & on this show that makes him unbeatable. Him gone would leave a huge hole in the show. You would then need Baelish or the Umbers or Karstarks to step up.

I hope Theonn Greyjoy redeems himself. If not I'll be really disappointed. Lets have him kill his uncle and become strong again.

I want to see a date beween Brienne of Tarth and Tormund Giantsbane. That match up is too much fun. Better than fucking bears!

I don't think The Hound will ever kill The Mountain. That type revenge, is rare on this show. Writers don't believe in revenge, for some reason.

I think the Frey will join up with the Starks, but Ramsey will kill Walder Frey. The family Frey are the writer's shitkicker jobbers on the show. Like stormtroopers.

OK...everyone should know that Catelyn Stark comes back from the dead in the book. Maybe at Riverrun. No one thinks they'll do it on TV but be readty for it.

The Mormonts seem ready for a bigger part. I look for Jorah to show up & help his little Sister (?) run the family. He probably will get Jon together with Daenerys & the dragons. Then die.

I don't think the writers like Daario Naharis or the Stark uncle. See them going soon. I think Davos Seaworth kills Melisandre soon. He is going to find out about the burnt little girl princess.

If Margaery Tyrell, the queen, is a bad guy...,.I don't know why. She seems Ok to me. I would have sex with her.

So what happened to Nymeria, Salladhor Saan (who should be with Stannis's navy), Dorne, Loras Tyrell, Hot Pie, Gendry, and most of all Ilyn Payne (get another actor).

I don't miss Hodor....dumb shit should have held the door! Fuck him. The Three-eyed Raven didn't help much either. Shae was a bitch (sorry John). Good thing no one will ever read this post.--Steve Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ian McShane has signed on for a role next season."

He was a good guy and didn't last long enough to fill one show.--Yohe
Mike Campbell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife's theory is that Cersei will either kill Tommen, or indirectly cause his death, and will go crazy and become "The Mad Queen" leading to Jamie having to kill her, just as he did The Mad King.

Personally, I'd rather see Daenerys hitch a ride on Drogo to king's landing and just roast the bitch like a Thanksgiving Turkey!
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Targaryens came from Valyria and lived on Dragonstone (the same island Stannis was forced to live on...East of Kings Landing.), and, for years, lived there without making problems. The people would sometimes see the dagons flying around over Blackwater Bay, but that's about all.

The Dragon King defeated Westeros but all the other families were nut and always fucking around & fighting with each other. The world was constantly at war.

The Targaryen King felt he was the only one who could rule and stop the mess. So he did using his dragons. The real assholes he burnt, but most were able to give up & "bend the knee".

So for 350 years they ruled, pretty much in peace. Most of the territories were left alone & they kind of got along.....even if it was a forced peace.

Trouble was they interbreed and the mad king poped up and the civil war killed off the Targaryens. The Baratheons ruled for 10 years, and then all the crazy families started killing each other off & fighting over who would be king. Without Targaryens, the Donald Trumps were all trying to run things. And the white walkers showed up. Starks may seem like the good guys, but they bossed over the largest territory and were war-like & dicks.

Daenerys is more like a true Targaryens than the mad king or her retard brother (who could be killed by fire...so maybe he was a bastard too). She seems like the only one who can run the stupid place. She was born for the job. It all got messed up again when the Targaryens lost power.

Well maybe Stanis could have been Ok...but everyone hated the guy....I don't know why...I liked him until he burnt his daughter at the stake.

When this show ends, I don't think they'll leave this world a wonderfull peaceful place, because it never was & there is too much money involved for a studio to stop. So have Dan win, but she is becoming mad too.

But I know nothing.---Steve Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: