The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hulk Hogan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Hulk Hogan Reply with quote

Devastated.

Considering he's a wrestler from Florida, I'm not surprised he's racist, but am surprised he could be this stupid.

Fuck.

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update at the bottom of this has the reason:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/24/report-wwe-scrubs-all-mentions-of-hulk-hogan-in-wake-of-controversial-n-word-audio.html
Tom Greaves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironic that a far more damaging breach of his privacy comes as a result of the lawsuit he filed against Gawker for breaching his privacy.
JAG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guessing Hulk decided the money would be worth taking this hit.

He's done as a celebrity and WWE won't touch him for years, if ever.

Ugly.

Jagdip
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody should be surprised, considering that pro wrestling has been notorious for racism and stereotypes for many years.

WWF/E rolled out many of those caricatures through the years and still employs Michael Hayes. WCW was filled with such stereotypes, and you had Eric Bischoff claiming the luchadores weren't marketable with their masks. Both promotions let Vince Russo create racial stereotypes. We know about multiple promoters who may have pushed black wrestlers, but still had their racial biases. Even today, New Day and R-Truth are portraying stereotypes.

I'm not really shocked by what Hogan did. I'm just rolling my eyes at the WWE paying lip service to things. And they'll likely do the same thing they did with Daniel Bryan: Wait until things cool down, then bring Hogan back.
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/kellerstake/article_86498.shtml#.VbZ3bPlMm8B

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/hulk-hogan-racist-scandal-jamie-foxx-n-word-tape-sex-tape-exclusive/

The hits keep on coming.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't get is: Hogan has sex with his buddy's wife and they make a sex tape....that's Ok...but a Hogan uses the N word and that's the end of the world. I know my time has pasted, but I don't like this fucking PC world.

I've lived in a lot of places & been in the Army with a lot of people. My rule has always been, to judge people by their actions, not their words.

I think the people who get shocked over the N word are mostly people whites who know very few blacks. Blacks hear the word all the time.

In the Army I learn and created a rule for myself. Blacks can use the N word all day long and no one cares. Whites can't use it.

There was a type of white guy who would hang around blacks, and want to be a black guy. They would copy the language including the N word, thinking it would get him over with the "brothers". It didn't. After I had been around a long time, I would tell the kid" "Don't use that word, I know these guys may not care, but you don't have permission. They do...you don't. It's not about insulting anyone...it's about you as a white person." It's a white person issue and about self respect. I never worry about black guys feelings, they go thru worst things than that, I worry about being put in a group, that I want nothing to do with. I hate the red neck Southerners and all their creeply shit. I grew my hair long and kept it that way, because I didn't want people like that thinking I was one of them.

Anyway, a real racist, the ones who you have to worry about, doesn't use that word anymore. At least not in the open. All this PC crap will just hide them, so they can do real damage.

So I don't care about anyone's words, but I watch them & look at there actions. Hogan using a bad word....Ok big deal, but so what....him screwing a friend's wife, even with permission, tells me a lot more. But everyone knows Hogan & pro wrestling....and I was never buying anything he was selling to begin with.

I worry about judging myself. That's the guy I think about. Hogan can go eat dinner with Vince Jr and Bill Cosby & have a nice life. ---Steve Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racists use it out in the open. One doesn't have to look hard to find it.
khawk20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more concerned about how this will affect Hogan's chances of getting into Yohe's HOF next time out. :P
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll have to go thru all the HOFs and eliminate all of those who have used the n word in their lives. We need to clean up this pro wrestling thing. --Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John if you want to delete that Hogan & the N word rant by me....feel free, I don't care.--Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: