The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yohe on Wrestling Observer Radio Anticipation Station

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Yohe on Wrestling Observer Radio Anticipation Station Reply with quote

I see an invitation has been extended.

This has to happen.

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is scary. :)

Steve needs to adopt jdw's "No Podcasts" philosophy. :P
JAG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be amazing.

Both of them talking about Stangler Lewis. A little Destroyer. Some Volk Han.

Then Backlund. Finally, Jumbo.

Can't wait.

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about this. I lessened to a WON radio show yesterday that talked about the HOF and I posted something about Woman's wrestling. Just went back & couldn't find it. I'm not a talker & can't remember names. I don't know, but talk about Gomez, Bastien & Ellis had me wishing I could add my two cents because I saw them wrestle.--Yohe
JAG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few posts down from yours, Dave thanked you for your thoughts and then said he wants to have you on soon to talk about your Lewis book.

http://theboard.f4wonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=189495&p=5849292&sid=aaae8eb6644ba70a30c2413ea54d26ae#p5849292

This has to happen. I haven't been this excited about anything wrestling related since I mustered up the courage to tell you guys Dave is right about Bob Backlund.

:P

Jagdip
JAG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is this happening?

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing so probably never. --Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I got on the radio with Dave I'll be probably be asking Dave personal questions. I'd find that more interesting than Ed Lewis. John would think I was very uncool doing it.--Yohe
JAG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've listened to enough Dave shows to know your fears are unfounded.

If you do an hour, your talking time will be 10-15 minutes. Bryan usually asks the questions, the guest gives his answer and then Dave gives the real answer in his inimitable style.

He respects you so much, he'll defer to you on the Strangler stuff. And I'd love to hear you challenge him on some of his long-held beliefs on Jumbo, Backlund, etc. Sounds like a good time to me.

And after (painfully) listening to even someone like Bruce try to do history audio, Dave remains in a class by himself (like Wilt in the '60s) and it's important that your great work gets highlighted by the Oracle and reaches his audience.

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Lano emailed me last week. I had showed him the book at last years CAC dinner, so he asked me to send him my Frank Gotch book & he would talk about it on his radio or pod (?) telecast. (Whatever he has or does.) I told him it was a Ed Lewis book & I didn't have any copies....but he could buy one. Mike seemed a little upset about it...said "well if you don't want any publicity!!!" So Mike didn't get a free book & I am such a shit-kicker.

I was watching Charley Rose last night & he interviewed a bunch of real authors and editors. I couldn't help but wonder what made me think I could writing a book or anything. I'm about 20 levels below an average writer. Can't spell & know nothing about grammar. I'm a joke & a embarrassment. Then I read what other have done with wrestling history, and I like my stuff a lot better. If I didn't shoot my mouth off....I'd be kicking myself....and that hurts.

But I have no interest in being a wrestling insider or doing any publicity. I don't care what anyone thinks of me & have every little ego about anything I've written. (Except my great movie reviews!) I just care about the work & the projects....but I think everything will be forgotten & I've wasted my time . Wish I could have done more record books.---Steve Yohe
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I volunteered to you to do the publicity on your book for free. You never took me up on that offer.

When my ex significant-other started a project to give away 10,000 prints of her "Zero Dollar" project in Manhattan, I did her publicity campaign.

Suddenly she got a huge feature article in The Washington Post.

Then she was interviewed by the son of the publisher of The New York Times and that long article ran online-only.

The New York City photography editor of the Associated Press came by, himself, to one of her street shows, and since he was the editor, no one dared not put his photos on the AP wire. She photographs very poorly and despite my entreaties, she would not wear make-up, fix her hair, dress properly and colorfully or stand on a box for this event.

CNN's Jeanne Moos did an entire segment on my ex-gal which ran in prime-time.

Fox News put the story on its feed to its broadcast TV network --many of its affiliates used it.

AP's television division had a camera crew there and photographing. That went out to AP-subscribing stations.

You're only the second person in 50 years that I've offered to handle the publicity campaign for, for free -- and the other was my ex.

Now I'm too old and fatigued to do any of that again. Gettin' old is hard work. I wouldn't do a campaign again for money and not for love and not for friendship.

What happened to the "Zero Dollar?" It has been forgotten.

Oh, well.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Eighties All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: