The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars Spoilers Thread SPOILERS HERE ONLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(if there are spoilers here.... it's general stuff with no details... I think.. maybe you should see the movie first.)

I just got back from THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. Seems the film was nothing like what was planed in the beginning, because of Rian Johnson screwing up #8 THE LAST JEDI . Johnson being a asshole, got director Colin Trevorrow to quit because he had to change everything planed for #9. They asked fuckface Johnson to return for #9, because they thought maybe he had an idea of doing one after he had fucking everything up. But he had nothing, and refused.

So they went back to J.J. Abrams, who is great at making this type of movie. The problem is the whole new plot that is created to fix the mess from LAST JEDI. It seems forced, in many ways, & contrived to get the story back to a real Star Wars movie. It has pacing problems & the action is crammed together, so a lot of the action doesn't work. Too long. But I think Abrams does a great job fixing all the problems made because of LAST JEDI. I think it works ok.

So the bad Jedi stuff is forgotten. Hamill is more like the real hero Skywalker. Daisy Ridley seems to have lost weight & is better, Rey does have a family & it was a big moment in the story, Driver's character has been fixed, and the new bad guy is the old bad guy... Palpatine. I think Abrams makes it work. I'm giving this ***1/3. But my view may change, because the first time I see a big movie, I spend my time thinking about the making & writing & choices …. instead of just watching the movie.

Everything I said they would have to fix....they fixed. Other wise, they couldn't do the movie. All the changes by asshole Johnson was just ego. A lot of bad reviews will come from people who liked the stupid shit in LAST JEDI.

They do a great job with Carrie Fisher & it's not really CG. Clever SF. Best acting she had done in years.

They throw everything at this movie. Even a Hobbit. And those stupid little hairy midget things from The Return of The Jedi.

This may be a box office disappointment. But there is nothing else out this X-mass. Disappointment may mean just a billion. They need less in the next one with a smaller budget. More like SOLO. ----- Steve Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like the same post you had in the other thread, rather than going into spoilers. :)

I will say it again:

I HATE THE FUCKING EMPEROR!!!!!

:P
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John is right, but actually I think it's just his head they found & his bad Jedi soul works thru the head. But they had to bring the Emperor back from the dead & the actor out of retirement because the first bad guy got killed in the last movie. That's what I read anyway. Didn't we see some hands at one time?

Maybe the grandfather stuff was always the intended story-line. Going along with the inherited Jedi powers idea, Rey had to be related to someone. But he didn't have to be in the movie.

Just remember John....if you hate the Emperor....you become the Emperor!!!! Holy shit! Please John calm down!

Hey they did come out with the story-line that the Fin has Jedi powers. And he broke away from the Strom Troopers because the force was pulling him to the chicken shit side. Too bad that Lando stole his new girlfriend.

Chewbacca looked shorter in this movie too. They should have got Lebron James for the part. Or Davis.

I think that if John & I had seen this movie together, we would have gotten attacked by fanboys because of the bad jokes.---Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
Just remember John....if you hate the Emperor....you become the Emperor!!!! Holy shit! Please John calm down!

OH SHIT!!!!!

:P
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pre-filmed scenes from the next sequel (forget about lies that this one is the last), wherein they bring back Carrie Fisher as a young gal (she has better weapons this time, as you can see) and present John Belushi as Luke Skywalker, with Rosanne Barr as Han Solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xggMwkGnbhw

You guys need to sort this out together over a quiet Chinese-restaurant dinner.

Ken
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out Colin Trevorrow’s version of Star Wars: Episode IX was good, actually:
https://news.avclub.com/turns-out-colin-trevorrows-version-of-star-wars-episod-1841002112

This has more details:
Robert Meyer Burnett reviews an early draft of Star Wars' 9th episode entitled DUEL OF THE FATES:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/eoaxdn/robert_meyer_burnett_reviews_an_early_draft_of

And links to Burnett's look at the script:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ShS32kJclU

He has a part two that where he clarifies points and analyzes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m62H56LMB-U

That's 4 hours of video, so set aside a ton of time.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ's notions of both bringing back The Emperor and of the connection between The Emperor and Rey is even more screwed up that previously thought:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-outrage-grows-rise-161603781.html

More proof of how awful Rise of Skywalker was.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they couldn't even do the old clone trick, without mucking it up. How could you film that junk? It's not cinematic. It's a mess.

In the film, he is just a head & maybe a chest or something. It's pretty clean they found a part of him, and brought it back from the dead. They didn't have any other ideas, other that bring The Emperor back …. after the first idea got smashed in the other movie. Perhaps she was the daughter of the Emperor....but him returning messes up the big ending of the 3rd movie. So he ended up back in the movie pissing off John Williams. So being forced to do what they did, the writer of the book felt he had the fill the hole & explain it.....and like a teenager came up with something even more stupid.

I enjoyed watching them, but it can be said that all of them were bad as far as plotting & story, To enjoy them, you have to over look a ton of stuff. Not serious films.

It needed one boss who would control everything. Once Lucas got stupid, it was going to fail. They were running around trying to find someone to solve their problems. I guess as long as they make good money, everything is fine.--- Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: