The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marvel & DC Movie & TV Universes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CW DC shows are rolling out Crisis on Infinite Earths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSLAd-G42w8

This one is going to be more than just the culmination of multiple shows on CW (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman). They're also pulling in Black Lightning (which was launched independent of the other shows) and previous DC installments, such as Smallville, Birds of Prey, the 1990s Flash TV show and the Christopher Reeve Superman films (from which Superman Returns emerged).

So this is going to be as much a play to fans of DC as it is about building to a major event, like MCU.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are making the same mistakes the comics did. --- Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Morris wrote:
Looks like the Black Widow film could be set at some point prior to timeframe of the Infinity War film.

The trailer at least suggests this isn't taking place in a time frame pre-first Iron Man film, as was the case with Captain Marvel and the first Captain America film.

Yeah - it's set between Civil War and Infinity War, when Nat turned on Tony and sided with Steve as a fugitive. That doesn't mean they might not have some flashbacks within it.

Also, if it's a massive hit, they still have the five years between Infinity War and Endgame within which to make another Widow movie. We saw in that stretch Nat taking over the Fury role in that period, and interacting with other Avengers who went out on missions. If this thing makes a billion world wide, which is entirely possible in that Lead Off spot next May, there is going to be huge pressure to make more Widow movies. For all the talk of Florence Pugh (Yelena Belova / Black Widow) taking over the Widow role in the "real time" period of the Next Phase of the MCU... its really Johansson who make/breaks this Widow movie. If $1.1B could make Sony and Disney work out their issues over the next set of Spidey movies, $1B will make Disney beg Johansson to make more Widow movies.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW Steve - did you see that Marvel confirmed in the summer that they're going to do a MCU Fantastic Four?
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I didn't . but they have to do something with the FF. It started everything & was there top comic for years. It being the failure must be killing Marvel's ego. And I'm not sure if there is a way to make them major. So much time has passed with the Marvel Universe that their character development would be way behind all the other hero's. In the comics FF was special, the leaders, and all the other hero's came after them. On film, where were they when the world was falling apart? You would have to start them over as a new thing. Make them young & forget the comic history. That's not the FF. I don't know how they do that. My only solution is to not have them be part of the Marvel Universe. Or reboot the whole Universe. And really is the FF worth it to them. They are doing very well without them. Fans could care less. --- Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Batman Idea Reply with quote

DC should try to get away from trying to get Batman to somehow be as powerful as Superman & other heros with actual superpowers, and go back to the idea of him as just a human being.

I would do a BATMAN VS TRUMP movie. Do a story where Bruce Wayne and Trump were old friends in the old days. Fellow rich guys in Gothan City. Maybe Wayne looks down on Trump, and sees him as a harmless conman, but kind of likes him. Maybe they go to WWE wrestling cards together, and share a joint love for Jimmy Snuka. When Trump goes national & runs for office, Bruce tells him to forget the idea, because he'll be exposed as the creep he really is, but Trump does it anyway. Trump wins & in office attempts to destroy the government, so he can rebuild it in his self image. Trump becomes a Kingpin type badguy. He already has more Orange make up that the Joker, and is as fat as Kingpin.

Wayne sees what is going on and decides to send Batman to stop his old friend....thinking it would be easy. But once he starts going after him, he runs into Russians, the far right, the super rich, corporations (some he uses to run his own business's), facebook and a whole political party filled with the worst criminals in the world. The real chicken shits of the planet. Batman is in over his head, and his fellow super heros refuses to believe anything bad about the president, facebook or computers because they have been brainwashed by their cellphones. Trump destroys Batman's reputation & his Wayne foundation falls apart when his other rich buddy's go against him. Alfred even turn on him. With out all his wealth, Batman becomes just another human. His old friend Superman does hide him in his Fortress Of Solitude, living in a bottle . with a bunch of lost little people. The ending has Trump driving the Batmobile thru the streets of Washington, as the world waits for a real hero.

They could make that film with no major CG, and if the public hates it, the low budget would mean it would still make money. It would probably get an Oscar nomination, if they hurry before Trump changes the Oscar voters into a all Republican group and lock up George Cooney, and Meryl Streep. Just like he did to Batman. ---Steve Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been selling my old comics to a comic book store in Alhambra. The first one, was small & filled with nothing important, & the guy gave me $200. Which I used to take Maria to Red Lobster. They worked well for me, so I went back to the garage to put together another book. I was going to put together something I thought was worthwhile.

I planed on showing a complete set of Groo The Wander comics going up to 1987. The artist is famous having started on the 1st MAD Magazines. Groo was a Conan take off. It was published at three companys & the last was DC. The artist, Sargio Aragones, wrote, drew, produces, and owned the comic. They says he draws faster than any other comic artist. I stopped it 1987, when I got into wrestling sheets, but it continues today & stay at the same artistic level. I had like 40 issues in near perfect condition & there was 4 or 5 #1's.

I talked to the comic guy about Groo. He warned about comics today & how the only thing worth anything was Marvel junk. I told about the Groo's & he said there was very little market, but he'd look at them.

I asked if he's use magazines. He said he might. I found a Comics Journal magazine from 1985, issue #105. It was a issue dedicated to Jack Kirby. This was publish in the middle of the period when comic book artists were trying to get Marvel to give Kirby his original art back. It has letters from artists in support of him in his fight. There is a Kirby interview & article by Frank Miller on the importance of Jack Kirby & a petition by 150 pros to Marvel. And the company refused to comment.

There also was a article on the warehouse where Marvel store most of the original art of all their comics. In the early years there was no real storage system & a lot was in boxs that were falling on the floor. It has photos of the warehouse. In 1975, after Marvel figured out that comic book art was going to be worth something, a lady named Irene Vartanoff was employed to catalogue everything there. She ran the the place from 1975 to 1980. She said a lot of art was stolen and Stan Lee liked to giver covers out to people they did business with. The article then has a list of all the art Marvel had in it's vault in 1980. Covers two pages in the magazine.

In the Kirby interview Jack tells how he seemed to sue Marvel & a movie studio in the 1980 over a Captain America poster. The PR for the movie read "Based on Stan Lee's Marvel comic strip character". Kirby proved that Lee had nothing to do with the creation of Captain America & it was a Kirby & Joe Simon's work. So how you see why Marvel gives the artists credit on their movies. Jack claimed that Sten Lee never created anything without an artist.

I reread the mag while eating this afternoon. I'm going to see if this comic guy will bite on this thing. I was impressed with it.--- Steve Yohe
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're airing Crisis on Infinite Earths again this week.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/crisis-on-infinite-earths-april-rerun-schedule-released-by-the-cw/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: