The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has Harvey Weinstein Been a Pervert for Decades?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the credits are a bit of a boondoggle.

Harvey and Bob had a role in the development of LotR, but bailed at the costs and tried to get the whole thing done in one two hour movie for a hell of a lot less. New Line stepped in and the movies we have are what came of it.

Were the Weinsteins important in getting it developed? Sure. But without New Line, there would have been no movies.
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey and Bob get credit for imaginary "great movies." Harvey knew how to win Oscars for his films but the crap he won for was often unwatchable.

I walked out of The English Patient part-way through it. I walked out on Shakespeare in Jail about three-quarters through it. Pulp Fiction was a practical joke. Pup Fiction does hold up on TV better than when I saw it in a theater.

Quentin Tarantino, one of Harvey's creations, makes the movies I'd expect a guy who dreams of chewing on Uma Thurman's toes and a high school dropout whose previous career was as a video-rental store clerk, to make.

When did Fat Harvey, in the manner of the legendary producers of old, make great films? I acknowledge I didn't see all of his films or those clearly aimed at a children's market. Great films are those I want to see repeatedly and find new aspects, points and shading in each showing. Harvey's films are those I want to avoid, or if I've seen, get my money back.

He generated hype for himself and bought over 100 70 MM projectors. That, other than molesting females, is what I assess the guy's career as.

Hal Wallis made movies -- roughly 400 of them -- more of them great than any other producer who comes to mind. David Selznick made movies. Steven Spielberg makes movies. The Coen Brothers should give Harvey a development deal and he can make his awful movies along with their awful movies and they can call the distributing company "The Awfuls Present..."

Harvey didn't make great films; he made history in getting (temporarily, anyway) getting himself run out of the business for abusing women.

Ken
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This afternoon, Wacko Quentin Tarantino, admitted in The New York Times that he knew all sorts of foul things about Fat Harvey's sexual proclivities. He added, “I knew enough to do more than I did,” he said, citing several episodes involving prominent actresses. “There was more to it than just the normal rumors, the normal gossip. It wasn’t secondhand. I knew he did a couple of these things.”

“I wish I had taken responsibility for what I heard,” he added. “If I had done the work I should have done then, I would have had to not work with him...”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/movies/tarantino-weinstein.html?action=click&contentCollection=Movies&module=Trending&version=Full&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

Boy is all dese here clowns lining up to admit they knew various allegations and didn't give a damn (Mira Sorvino herself told Tarantino when she was his girlfriend and he believed Harvey would stop bothering her because of this.)

In Tarantino's case, he's not, in my opinion, being truly honest about this. He had to work with Harvey or become an usher at Grumman's Chinese Theatre. Who else would have given him his headway to cook shit-on-film?

Would you deliver sex to Harvey in return for becoming a star actor? Be honest.

Harvey emphasized working with minor talent and that got him a lot of sex it might not have otherwise. Darryl Zanuck, for instance, left 20th Century-Fox to chase minor-league pussy in Europe (but never divorced his wife) and to stay drunk for years before returning to Hollywood to save the studio after Spiros Skouras wrecked it.

I once interviewed Marilyn Monroe's psychiatrist, who convinced me he was deranged and helped lead that poor gal to the grave. The fact she couldn't act did not excuse this doctor's behavior -- and he had her living in his house as part of her therapy...

With his permission, I taped the interview and simply kept quoting him for an entire page worth of comments... For me, he was hard to stomach. He gave two interviews I know of about his patient Monroe. The better-known one was to the long-dead Maurice Zolotow, who is not me.

I'd like to know what Harvey's shrink(s) have/will treat him and what they think of him. Never gonna happen, alas.

Ken
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW Charley Rose is now a sexual abuser....is no one safe?---Yohe
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
WOW Charley Rose is now a sexual abuser....is no one safe?---Yohe

Rose has been fired today by CBS. PBS then "terminated" its relationship with him and stated it will no longer distribute his show. He's 75 and can always get a job as Darnold Duck's new Secretary of Sex. He's rich and powerful.

Why should any man/woman/transgender be safe from condemnation if guilty, and, when appropriate, criminal prosecution? *If they did what they're charged with.*

And Charlie Rose has been a harasser of women for decades, it was long rumored. He has *apologized* to some of his victims, and he did not publicly deny any of the charges until last night when he told a cameraman from TMZ that "It's not wrongdoings." I don't recall anyone claiming he raped them, so a question is whether walking around your home-offices in nothing but an open bathrobe -- in front of female employees or applicants -- is illegal in New York. (I don't know.) Grabbing a woman's body parts without her consent is a crime here.

Women in positions of power also do some of these vile things... particularly the piggy ones. I ran across such a situation some years ago and offered to buy the hag a boy-toy on-the-cheap, because I wouldn't cooperate. (She suffered from pig-fever and had even used a false claim of holding an MBA degree, among other ploys, to get where she was.)

Currently, guys in show business, the news business and the politics business are being called to account. Good. It's got to stop and there's no better time for that then now.

Nail the famous men first and ya not only get the attention needed to help end such abuse, but you it make it easier for corporate leaders to stop putting up with it and/or shrugging it off or even participating.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: