The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2018-2019 L.A. Lakers Thread (Livin' On A Prayer)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guren

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonzo played really well on both sides of the ball yesterday. Fox was going under screens and Lonzo made him pay. I thought, though, that he should have thrown up even more shots from 3. He passed up several open looks in the second half when he had it going. And gosh he made some gorgeous passes. Impressive comeback win by the Kings on the SEGABABA. That shot by Bogdanovic was nuts. He seemed to shoot it on the way up over Chandler's contest. It was funny to watch Bogdanovic scream, "I told you. I told you." afterwards.

Battle for L.A. tonight. Any predictions? Apparently the Clips are favored by 5.5 points due to the SEGABABA and letdown factors.

glenn
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-2 since they lost Bron. That Warriors game must have took a lot out of them as well.
corrado

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They face the Knicks tonight, without Bron. Might be another loss, despite their low record, I wouldn't be surprised if the young Knicks take this game.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks bad. There going to start playing the bad teams & they can't beat anyone without James. This should get James some MVP votes.--Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in the other thread, as of now Harden would get my MVP vote.

Bron would be top 5 behind Harden and Giannis, and ahead of Paul George and Jokic.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bron being out does show how mediocre the rest of the team is. Granted, Kuzman is also out and other things like McGee's injury impacted the rotations the team was building. But... yeah... it's not a great roster.

The West is nuts:

23-16 Clippers (4th)
18-22 Pelicans (14th)

We're in 8th, 2.5 games behind the Clipps. In turn, the Pelicans are just 3 games out of 8th... i.e. the Lakers.

At some point this will short out and there will be some seperation between the Top Teams, the Contenders for Playoff Spots, and the Pure Lotto Teams. But only the Suns are in the last group right now, and who knows who is in the top group until the Dubs get their crap together and the Nuggets prove they can sustain 58 win pace.

Well, the Rockets at least seem to have their crap together, and will be scary again when CP3 is back and at full strength.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it, but the Clips are for real. I think they can produce 48 to 50 wins & get beat in the 1st or 2nd round.--Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuzma scoring 41 points last night helps overcome the absence of Lebron.

He's their 2nd best scoring threat on the roster after Lebron.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number of rebounds by Griffin against the Lakers is rather amazing and basically impossible.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the number was zero. Wait until he gets the Clippers. I think there is going to be some fire. They did a good job on him last night. The stuff he got you really couldn't stop. The challenge for him will be not getting hurt. Detroit didn't look like much.--Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beginning late next week, they have an insane quartet of games:

1/17: Thunder.

1/19: Rockets.

1/21: Warriors.

1/24: Wolves.

Bron might be ready then. Regardless of if he is, that could be an indicator of whether this team will make the postseason.
guren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Basketball Reference, no NBA player has ever scored 25+ without a rebound or an assist. At one point last night, Kuzma was 32/0/0, then he ruined it by getting a rebound. He ended up with a 41/2/0 line; 41/2/0/0/0 if you include steals and blocks.

H/T @LakerFilmRoom

glenn
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
So the number was zero. Wait until he gets the Clippers. I think there is going to be some fire. They did a good job on him last night. The stuff he got you really couldn't stop. The challenge for him will be not getting hurt. Detroit didn't look like much.--Yohe

The Pistons aren't much, but Griffin is having a terrific year. 25-8-5 while shooting .362 from 3. It's not some bullshit % either - he's taking 6.4 threes a game. He's also shooting .537 from 2, which is a level he hasn't been at since 2014. It's his best rebounding number in a healthy season since 2014 as well.

The Pistons aren't any good, but the three teams ahead of them in the playoff race (Miami, Brooklyn and Charlotte) aren't any good either. They are on a horrible 4-16 run after that nice 13-7 start. Don't think they're as bad as this 4-16 run, but they clearly aren't 13-7 level. SVG left a mess of a team.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guren wrote:
According to Basketball Reference, no NBA player has ever scored 25+ without a rebound or an assist. At one point last night, Kuzma was 32/0/0, then he ruined it by getting a rebound. He ended up with a 41/2/0 line; 41/2/0/0/0 if you include steals and blocks.

H/T @LakerFilmRoom

That's batshit crazy.

There aren't many passers on the team beyond Bron, Zo and Rondo.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a shooter, passing is just throwing the ball around. I thought they moved the ball real good in the wins lately.

Kuzma early in the game got two easy baskets on long passes by Ball, and I knew how he was thinking. He knew he had a chance to run up some points, so he just kept shooting. I think it's good for a young player to go big. Every player wants have a big game & it's important for him to know he can do it.

I would have put him back in the 4th. 50 points would have sent notice out to the league that he was major. He is young, he needs that kind of attention. It's not a Koby type situation. Now that he has a game like that, he can just play & not think about it.

They have three guy who are mainly playmakers, James, Rondo, & Ball. Ingram plays the part too, and needs to hold the ball. The whole team needs more moment, and when they play good...that's what they do.

Beasley has come alive in the last few games. I don't see anything wrong with his game. I'd keep giving him time, to figure out what's been wrong all these years. His court manner is good. Doesn't celebrate after every basket. He hasn't gotten upset with sitting. I think he is a tool you might be able to use.

Stephenson I could really do without. I really don't trust him. All his jumping around is a "tell". You can read what he is going to do. It's like a dog waging his tail.---Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 17 of 27

Jump to: