The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2019-2020 L.A. Lakers Thread (That's All Folks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can offer the most prorated money.

But they’d have to open a roster spot. Waiting to see if they make a multiple for 1 trade and then sign Collison without having to waive anyone.

Feels like he’s in the bag.

Marcus Morris for Kuzma is tempting as hell.

And I never get mad at you, Yohe.

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting makes you think something is wrong.

We haven't proven we can beat the best teams, but this is a very good team. Everyone is playing well. I wouldn't be counting on someone new.

The playoff may come down to injury's and if James & Howard can shoot free-throws. FT are the big if. If they start fouling Howard, will they even be able to play him? I think just having Davis & McGee playing well stops the fouling in the regular season. You got to pull him if the fouling starts up. I don't know what to do with James. Suck it up & hope he comes thru.

The All-Star game is a joke. Facker that wrestling. I'm hoping all this Kobe shit ends at some point. Sick of it. Nice of them to honor Kobe by tanking to Portland. I'm going to have to hear about what a great person he was for the rest of my life. He's gotten the Michael Jackson push. --- Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAG wrote:
They can offer the most prorated money.

But they’d have to open a roster spot. Waiting to see if they make a multiple for 1 trade and then sign Collison without having to waive anyone.

Okay, so that's cool.

Quote:
Marcus Morris for Kuzma is tempting as hell.

The trick is making the contracts fit.

I hate giving up either KCP (who can block a trade) or Green. They're both good 3&D wings. Seems like a lot of people are knocking Green, but he's an important part of the defense and his offense is a positive. You don't want to lose that, and instead with Morris would want to build towards a crunch time lineup of AD+Morris+Bron+Green+AnotherWing, possibly KCP if his offense holds up or Bradley if he keeps playing like he has in Jan-Feb.

Looking at the Trade Machine, I get this:

Morris

for

Kuz-Boogie-Cook-Dudley

Rondo doesn't work in the place of Cook - it's $340K short. You could include Rondo and a 5th player like Daniels or Horton-Tucker. I don't think Rondo would accept Collison eating up his minutes as much as Cook would. Cook hasn't played well at all, but Rondo haven't been "good". We're shipping their minutes to Collison, so you go with the guy who won't cause problems. I'm not sure if Rondo wouldn't be a problem.

I'd be tempted to toss another player in, ship Rondo and keep Cook.

Assuming Collison is in the bag, that would leave a playoff roster of the following if they're healthy:

Bron
AD
McGee
Green
Bradley

Morris
Howard
Collison
KCP
Caruso

Cook

And maybe someone off the buyout list to fill it out. Not really needed as adding Morris and Collison would eat into people's playing time.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key point not mentioned - I don't want Morris or Collison going to the Clippers because we screw around. Morris fits exactly what they need in the place of Harkless... and Harkless' contract in the other direction leaves the Clips just $1M away from matching numbers in the Trade Machine. The Clips can trade their #1 pick in the coming draft. Not hard to toss in another piece.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rumor has it that Kuzma is staying put. And with Marcus Morris to the Clips, not many other options. Maybe Marcus' twin brother?
JAG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clips got lil IT as well, at least the Lakers will get Collison.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1225508770287161345?s=20

Jagdip
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just collision, but someone else might be a part of the Lakers roster:

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1225513382121484293

I guess it was either him or make em dance Lance.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta close Collison.

Not sure about whether I want JR.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have preferred not to lose to the Rockets. Our bench was dogshit other than KCP.
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woj is saying collison plans to stay retired. So he's out. And he's also out of going to the Clips as well.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit!

The Dion Waiters comment in Woj piece is frightening.
JAG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fucking disaster.

They have to find a creator for the non-LeBron minutes.

It's like keeping one bad tire on a fucking Ferrari.

Benching Rondo would by itself do it, to a degree, but they needed a go who could create for AD and Kuzma and also shoot the 3.

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Why the fuck did they bring him to the game without having him in the bag? Amateur hour.

Jagdip
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In hindsight, it feels like as soon as he showed interest in coming back that they should have tried hard to instantly sign him. Get the contract done at that point, let him then work into shape before putting him in the line up. Get that there are roster spot issues, but bit the bullet on it.

Seems like the longer it went on, the higher chance Mrs. Collison had of talking him out of it. The Lakers needed the quick full court press, pimp him that this is the chance to win a title, and get it done super quick.

Crap... this really was the depth spot the needed.

Instead, we get Rondo lighting up another jobber tonight, getting people's hopes up, before he turns into a pumpkin in the post season against good teams.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Laker Team, so far, have played well against the weak & average teams they are used to playing....but they have failed every time when placed in a challenging situation.

Their big rival , The Clipper, who I'm sick of losing to, have kicked their ass twice. Fucking opening night. The big yearly match up against Boston in Boston....they tanked. The big game against Milwaukee....they tanked. After Kobe died & the game against Portland on national TV got big....they tanked. In the big East Coast game against Philadelphia....they tanked. They beat Houston in a game they didn't have to think about, but when Houston became news as a team going small, it became a big game on TV... and they tanked. So it seems in games that they have to think about & are kind of important.... they have developed a history of tanking.

It is really important they destroy Denver, Boston, and look good in beating Milwaukee and the fucking Clippers. I think they need to show the league something.

Be nice if they win 60 games. --- Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakers have a lot of tough games left on their roster. They've had a relatively easier schedule so far.

The Clippers have a pretty soft run to the finish starting on March 10.

I still don't think it matter is we're home or on the road against the Clippers. The key is that we probably don't want to finish lower than 2nd in the West. Not really afraid of anyone in the West other than the Clippers, so we can go on the road and beat the rest. But it would be better to have home court in the West against anyone other than the Clippers.

It's going to be a harder run in for us than it has been so far. This is where some depth like Collison would have been nice. We're going to take some more injuries, and need to avoiding players rushing back. We need to be healthy in the playoffs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: