The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2019-2020 L.A. Lakers Thread (That's All Folks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakers on top of the world again. --- Yohe
JAG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I have missed call from you guys last night?

Anti-Climatic, but itís not LeBron and ADís fault the league had nothing for them this year, despite the roster flaws.

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John's joke have been great. I turn the TV sound down so I get get the full impact.

Our observations are that Rondo is now our friend....Davis can shoot good .... James is the last person in the universe with class.

And the Clips should move out of the Staple Center early, with their one banner. We need more room on the wall.

Unlike them.... we have a future. --- Steve Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one sucked. I would rather be win Game 3 before laying a dump in Game 4. Going up 3-0 removes the "barring injury" aspect of "The Lakers will still win". Now I live in fear of Bron pulling the groin or AD going down in Game 4 to screw things up.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright... let's get are shit together tonight. Bam is back. We wasted a game while he was out. Can't have that bite us in the ass.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more!
JAG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heat have the grit of Riley, but theyíre not big enough.

LeBronís consistency is mind-bending.

The importance of Playoff Rondo canít be overstated.

Happy for a guy like KCP. He took a lot of heat for the money he got, but plans take time.

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pope isn't a major player, but he is a gamer & will always be there. I don't worry about Pope. --- Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lot of guys.

Far from Bron's best game, and it looked like he tweaked "something" in the Man Region - either groin (yikes!) or the balls (he'll get over it). But every time that he looked off, or tired, or sloppy... he'd make a big play. That's where Lebron has taken his game - even when he's not in total sharp for, he's still able to will himself to great moments.

AD's offense was odd early - not taking it to the hoop, not getting fouled, not pushing it. But he never stopped busting his ass on defense. He had "4" blocks, but altered so many other shots that it was mind numbing. He had Heat blowing layups just be chasing them down and making them jumpy. He closed on the wings, jammed up the lane, jumped over from help defense. This was a replay of his off the charts defense against the Rockets... it's just a joy to watch.

Good lord was there help all over the place from the role players.

Green "only" played 20 minutes because Vogel found other line ups that were working. But he chucked in 10 points, pkayed good defense, was constantly working.

Bad Shooting Rondo showed up to such a degree that he was blowing layups left and right. But he kept busting it on defense, got some sneaky great steals / deflections, worked the boards, and got some big assists.

I love me some Kieff. Huge, though obvious, move by Vogel to start him in the 2nd half. I thought he waited a bit long to bring him back in the 4th for Kuz. I hope his contract demands aren't too high... would love to resign him in the $5M range. I just think he's a guy who will mold well with Bron and AD the more he plays with them. His brother is better, but Kieff is cheaper and likely to be much more comfortable being a bench role player. Kind of that Rick Fox / Horry type of guy who can do the dirty work, be solid and smart, and then have a big game at a big moment.

Caruso had a Caruso game where he busted his ass even if his box score doesn't look great.

And of course KCP was freaking HUGE. Uncle Steve was going nuts for his big moments.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is today the day?--- Steve "don't call me uncle" Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong day.--Yohe
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people pointing out that Bron was the open one on the final play. Butler would have closed fast, and it would have needed to be a good pass because you can see Butler is looking right at Morris and in that stance where he could have picked off a soft pass rather than a sharp one.

I get what Morris was trying to do and don't really want to make him a massive goat over it. Crowder closed him so fast that he made him sail on the pass, which also means he was going to alter the shot... already enough to make Morris want to pass. But there was a better pass option.

So we need to get our shit together in the next game. The bench was horrid here. The Heat only went with 2 players off the bench, and are mega gassed by the end. But they also are younger.

AD's health is critical. Didn't look good at the end of the game. I do think we can win 1 game without him, similar to the Lakers in 1980. Bron can have an even more monster game, and you often get the role players pulling together.

But I'd rather have AD playing like he did in Game 4. We need that level of defense.
JAG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasting that kind of shooting from LeBron is the only appealing part.

Not playing hard enough is inexcusable as well, but Miami is tough and Butler is playing the best he never has and damn near as well as anyone ever has over 5 games.

Theyíll end it Sunday.

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your in that situation, you shoot the ball. The players don't always know how much time is left. The less thinking you do, the better.

Green had an open shot. That is what is going to be remembered. It may have been our last chance to win this thing. This has the feel of the 1962 final. I grew up with losses like this. --- Yohe
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame this whole thing on John calling in late. They were waiting for him to show up. Williams will have to live with it for the rest of his life.---Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: