The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2019/2020 NBA Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
Zion seems too heavy for the stuff he is trying to do. His joins can't take all the pressure & he'll always be injured. At best you'll have a Blake Griffin type.

Talk is that Golden State doesn't look like a playoff team.--Yohe

Warriors 0-2 so far. blowout losses to the Clippers is one things, but a blowout loss to OKC. Now that's trouble.

I wouldn't go far as to say they won't make the playoffs this year. They still have Curry and Draymond, so barring a total total disaster, they will make it to the postseason. But it won't be a finals year for them.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the new rule that has coaches requesting reviews of calls, has any call been overturned yet? I haven't seen one. Isn't that what is happening in pro football with pass interference? Nothing is getting overturned. Ether they are refusing to overturn, or the coaches aren't so smart, and all the bitching is useless.

The Clippers are still bitching on every call. --- Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steph Curry has a broken hand. THat's bad.

Warriors might be lotto-bound after all. Depends on when he can return.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Warriors were likely lotto bound before he went down. There already was buzz that Klay wasn't coming back. That really was their only hope for the playoffs - stay within distance of 8th place, then have Klay come back for the charge at the end.

The flip side is that they keep their #1 pick if it's in the Top 20, which the Lotto is Top 16. The lotto rules were changed last year to reduce the top teams chances, so the Dubs just need to drop down into the Bottom 5-6. My guess is that they will shut Klay down, and slow roll Steph's return. They will say all the right things, but the front office will set up the team to fail.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should teach these basketball players how to take bumps. If your falling don't try to block the landing with your arms. That's how you break wrists, arms & shoulders. Try to put the blow on your side. Protect your head...tuck your arms to your side... & try to tuck you body, like in fetal position. I didn't like landing on my back. Ribs are made to protect & I never hurt them in a fall. Don't stick you arms out to break the fall! Go with the blow, just protect your head & roll with it, if you can. Then get up & smile at the guy.

I was thought how not to sprain your ankles by black players in V.N. As soon as you feel the pressure on the ankle from stepping on whatever ....raise your knee or knees . some of the time it means falling but it better than screwing up your ankle....wear four pairs of tube socks. As soon as you can .get up and walk it off. Keep playing unless you can't. As a kid I had ankle problem, but after learning these tricks, I never did. --- Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly the most bizarre story this regular season is the saga of Dion Waiters of the Miami Heat:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28053111/heat-suspend-dion-waiters-10-games-incident

This could be the type of thing that could wreck their season. Apparently someone from the team gave him that substance.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the burning question has been answered. Melo returns. With Portland.

Very interesting spot for him.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tells you how bad Portland is? --- Yohe
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very historic moment tonight that took place at the Knicks/76ers game:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28125448/76ers-ben-simmons-drains-first-career-nba-3-pointer

Speaking of history, Luka Doncic might just be in the MVP picture this year. back to back 35 point triple doubles. Kid is going to be a star. And yet the trade with him for Trae Young could still be a win-win deal with Trae having a great 2nd season as well. But not at the level of Luka.
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the regular season schedule could be undergoing a gigantic facelift pretty soon:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28145944/sources-nba-considering-reseeding-conference-finalists-postseason-play-in

seems kinda convoluted at first glance though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: