The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AEW Dynamite Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing some stream of consciousness Full Gear thoughts.

The flu-ridden Britt Baker beat Bea Priestley in an alright match. Then we get weird shit with Kong accompanied by Brandi attacking Bea.

Bucks/Proud and Powerful was fine. Looks like they're hinting at one last match for rock n roll express.

Page/Pac was also fine. I'm fine with Page going over here. He needed a big win. And nice that he got on his namesake show.

I guess they're trying to make Shawn Spears something, based on him going over. Match really wasn't that great, although being placed after two strong matches didnt do it any good.

SCU retain their tag titles. But Lucha Bros were the most over, and will get another title opportunity since they didnt get pinned. Christopher Daniels returned after the match.

Women's title match was decent. Sadly the crowd didnt care much till the end. Still great effort by both.

Title match was great. Cody gushed quite a bit during the match. Ending came when MJF threw in the towel, and Cody doesn't have any more title shots. And then of course MJF turns heel afterwards. I would've actually drawn it out for a few more months, but MJF is much better as a dickish heel.

And then there was the "Lights Out" match. As Moxley put it "it's time for some fucking garbage wrestling" So many insane spots. You either liked it or hated it. Maybe one of the more polarizing wrestling matches in a long time. At least the crowd was hot for it, despite the title match and the hot angle afterwards.

Moxley won after over 30 minutes. I would think, either him or Adam Page may be the next in line for Jericho's AEW title. I should also point out that I'm fine with this being the final match on the card. I know the title is of more importance, but Moxley should be the top guy in AEW. That main event was proof that he is the man. Give him promo time every week when he's not wrestling.

So a lot more positives than negatives for Full Gear. I'm surprised and a bit disappointed though that they didnt mention the next AEW PPV. I guess they don't have a location yet
Yakuza Rich

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only gotten to see some of Full Gear after a long day doing other stuff.

Cody vs. Jericho was excellent. I would have preferred them to draw out the MJF turn as well. I think they could have had MJF throw in the 'towel' and tease a turn then have Cody forgive him. Then they could have had a storyline teasing tension between the two and then always leave the possibility of Cody turning on MJF instead of the predictable MJF turn on Cody. Now they have to explain the turn and if he is somehow part of the Inner Circle it just doesn't make sense.

This is part of the problem with the booking...they fail to make the most out of storylines and angles.

Just like Omega vs. Moxley match. The psychology of the booking is off. A match like this should come at the end of a long, heated feud where both guys have exhausted every possible way to hurt and defeat each other and they hate each other so much that they are willing to be in this type of match if it means win, lose or draw...they will inflict harm on the other.

First, they could have easily booked this as *the match* between Omega and Moxley for the first time facing each other. Then they could book a 'best of 7 series) between the two. Then with the best of 7 tied at 3-3... have a final match that goes to a time limit draw. Let them go 5 more minutes and still end in a draw. Then wait a week and announce you're going to the hardcore match.

This isn't my type of wrestling, but I can enjoy it if there's some quality booking to it. This was just gore for the sake of gore and that's why these death match feds fail to draw. The reason why FMW and to a degree ECW (although not a death match fed, IMO) worked was they did build up the drama to their garbage matches. Otherwise you're just going down the hardcore rabbit hole and eventually trying to top what can't be topped.

YR
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so perhaps due to the AEW's decreasing ratings while NXT seems poised to inch ahead, AEW started doing a more balanced show instead of nonstop wrestling, and as a result, it was one of their best ones yet.

A quick Moxley squash over Michael Nakasawa. At he wasn't being comedic here, because of his concern over Omega. Moxley cuts another great promo, challenging anyone to face him. Which was accepted segments later by Darby Allin. Well I'm glad he's getting another chance to shine, I'm worried he's going to job hard here.

I did like the Dark Order's usage here. Bullying the Lucha express, till Luchasaurus' big return.

Of Course another amazing Jericho/MJF/Cody segment. At least it wasn't a bad promo explaining why MJF turned on Cody. Nice little tease between the two heels. I don't think MJF will be part of the Inner Circle. Since he's going to be running buddies with Wardlow.

So Pac beats Hangman Page. Yeah I have to take offense with this. I would've had Page win, since I don't see a big heel-heel feud for the title. A little bit odd booking.

The backstage/in ring brawl between the Bucks and Proud and Powerful had a "mood whiplash" moment with them opening the bathroom door only to find Orange Cassidy in there, just being Orange Cassidy. That got one of the loudest pops of the night. I know it's bordering on WTF, but it was hilarious.

And Jericho finally gets pinned. I guess with the next PPV being months away, Scorpio Sky might get a title shot at a future Dynamite. I'm fine with the champs retaining, since Jericho being a double champ this early on, would've been a bad counter to all those tag teams that they have. Nice little WCWesque tantrum by jericho to end the show. Between that and Juventud being name dropped, more of those classic references to WCW.
Yakuza Rich

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually didn't like the show. The booking has holes in it, it feels too much like a WWE product except with better announcing and all of that starts to make me notice the shitty parts of the in-ring product.

Too much contrived, overly choreographed spots...not enough selling and psychology. The heels got over way too much here, particularly after they just got over on PPV. After a PPV is when you build up the losers, not the winners. And nobody noticing that MJF and Cody needed a wardrobe change is a pretty glaring oversight.

Rumor has it that The Librarian gimmick is something that Tony Khan is a mark of. At least they had his entrance on during the commercial break and then he got cut off abruptly when on the mic. Something tells me that there is some conflict behind the scenes that some people don't want to see this stupid shit, but are forced to do so.

The Brandi Rhodes and Awesome Kong thing makes no sense. Brandi wants to be on TV and thinks she can act. She's not bad at it, but somebody needs to step in and say that it comes off as too 'heel authority figure-ish' and it doesn't make much sense given that Cody is an over babyface and she's married to the guy. This isn't hard to figure out.

Marko Stunt is a nice story, but he sucks and isn't believable. This guy ain't Mysterio or Liger. Those guys were/are flat out incredible. Stunt is just a guy that can do some spots that another 1,000 indy guys can do and make it more believable. I hate to see somebody like Grayson have to carry him.

Please stop with the spot of putting somebody thru a gimmicked table/garbage dumpster/whatever by the front stage. It screams WWE and is a very played out spot.

The MJF turn explanation was terrible. It wasn't Russo level nonsense, but it was more Vince McMahon-ish...not really giving an explanation and just saying that they don't know the real Cody. The blew this turn and angle. They need a booker who understands when to give the fans what they want, how to stay one step ahead of the fans and how to throw them off while still using logic and continuity. This was 'everybody raves about MJF being a great heel, so we better turn him heel quickly and we'll figure out the rest' booking. If wins/losses are supposed to matter, so should logic and heel/face turns.

I did like the Darby Allin segment. He needs to use his eyes better when he's doing stuff because he has very appealing eyes. That's what Nikita Koloff did so well despite being a limited worker. Allin has a lot going for him and needs to take a page out of guys like that instead of somebody like Nick Mondo who never drew a dime. And Moxley vs. Allin could be great, but you know this is going to be another hardcore match. They just can't help themselves.

The PAC vs. Page match was a bit weird. And by then I started to be so disgusted with the booking that it wasn't taken my mind away from the bad wrestling. If your opponent isn't in position to do a dive then put him in position or don't do the spot.

I did like the main event, although again the bad booking and goofy stuff didn't take my mind away from the bad spots. Jericho was late on spots, but they did them anyway.

I was really looking forward to this show because it was in Nashville and it was their first show after a PPV since their debut. I didn't like the booking of Full Gear as I thought they missed out on some things, but I thought it would be interesting to see how they could handle the MJF turn.

Instead, this looked more like a WWE type of product and it became apparent to me that they panicked seeing NXT's ratings almost matching theirs.

I think the sad fact is that the booking is very amateurish. They couldn't figure out how to do an Omega vs. Moxley match without doing garbage wrestling. They couldn't figure out that a serious, heated brawl shouldn't have Orange Cassidy doing a comedy spot. Nor could they figure out the basic premise of booking after a big show is to get the heat back on the losers. And the in-ring product looks more like WWE-lite than being more similar to New Japan, but with westernized promos, angles and bits.

YR
Yakuza Rich

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much, much better show tonight. Just when my hope for AEW was waning, they deliver a very solid show with some great matches. There were still some poor execution issues in the brawls and non-wrestling segments, but this was very good and promising overall.

Fenix vs. Nick Jackson was really good and better than any of the tag matches they've been in. This was roughly 20 minutes long, but it was a match worthy of going this long and for the opening bout on TV, they did a great job.

The women's match started out shitty, but really picked up nicely when Britt Baker busted her nose. Baker seems to get legit hurt a lot in her matches. I'm not nutty about trying to make a woman's division out of pushing all the Joshi gals in an American promotion, but Baker isn't ready to be a main eventer at this time. Still, this match didn't hurt my feelings and I appreciated how it got better as it went along.

But here's where they screw up as they go to some goofy Dark Order skit.

The Battle Royal was a shit show filled with mostly shit shows. MJF looks like a million bucks. I never knew Billy Gunn was that over. But the Daniels attack on Pentagon was a nice touch...just poorly executed. Meh, whatever.

The Jericho and Scorpio Sky confrontation was a little too WWE-ish for me, but I didn't completely hate it. Sky sounded a little too much like he memorized what to say. Overall it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. And it was good to see that the babyfaces actually have some friends that will come to their rescue. However, Jericho completely botched whatever he did Sky. in the melee. He basically just pushed him to the ground and Sky acted like he had been hit with those Riot Control Shotguns.

Luchasaurus and Hager could be really interesting not only because of their size, but Luchasaurus has some shoot fighting style to him. They really need to drop Stunt because he takes away the effect of Jungle Boy being smaller than Luchasaurus. Unfortunately, because they pity Stunt they will keep him around.

And a nicely booked squash of Luchasaurus on Peter Avalon.

I like Excalibur and the 3-man team of Excalibur, JR and Schiavone is doing about as well as you're going to do with a 3-man announce team. But, Excalibur really needs to work on when he is telling a sidebar story. He's got the names of the moves down and announces those moves well, but when talking about Matt Travis' death he seemed unprepared and didn't really hit home the point.

The Santana/Ortiz vs. Private Party match was another case of Private Party being very green and sloppy. Overall I was fine with the match. The delayed vertical suplex spot was awesome and Santana/Ortiz really heeled things up nicely. But then the ref botch was weird. And a little tip...stop doing the 'opponent grabs me by the feet and pulls me off the apron and I hit my head on the apron spot' so damn much. It's a nice spot when executed well and done once an hour. When it's done numerous times in the same match and then done again in the next match it looks contrived. Still, this was booked so it didn't hurt my feelings and the spots were not nearly as badly contrived as they have been. Private Party has a ways to go with their work in the ring, but overall I enjoyed this.

Omega does a serious interview, then does a stupid bit where he's only lifting two 10 pound weights. Tony Khan needs to put a moratorium on anybody doing comedy that isn't Jericho or MJF. Stuff like this is just flat-out dumb.

Moxley vs. Allin was incredible. Allin, for being known to do a lot of hardcore crap really gets wrestling psychology and the selling. Jesus, this was a great match. Makes you wonder why they couldn't just have Moxley wrestle Omega in a standard wrestling match.

This wasn't one of those epic, memorable shows. But, those may come along once a year if you're on a real hot streak as a promotion. But this was AEW getting back more to their roots and learning from some past mistakes.

I"m glad I tuned in tonight.

YR
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah fenix/Nick Jackson was a great kickoff match. Nice ending too with Fenix not shaking Nick's hand.

Woman's match was alright. Maybe they're going to do a britt Baker heel turn. Have her start to get mad at the "non original" women's wrestlers who are dominating the division.

So the Dark Order is now a scientology type group. A step down from the past few weeks of feuding with lucha express. Although that could be a way to debut new talent. However they do.

The Battle royal for the DIAMOND ring had many disjointed moments. I was expecting more than Billy Gunn showing up. At least he kept that ring name too. Very surprised that he can wrestle with that name. Nice ending with MJF getting one over everyone, and fooling the announcers, by advancing for the rights to get that DIAMOND ring.

The usual brilliant Jericho segment. Hilarious use of Jake Hager being basically a man of few words. I guess the reason for Luchasaurus appearing was for his squash at the next segment. I don't want to see a complete squash of Lucha express. But like you said nice to see the faces stick together. Which we got more of later.

I don't mind Private Party going over here. Since it was basically a tribute match. That is though the first time that a face caused interference for the win. They still haven't done dq's and count-outs. Also more good usage of the faces sticking together.

Yeah that Omega promo was strange. Basically on BTE, they've been teasing that Omega and Page are leaving the group. It should be noted that the final shot from this week's episode had a long shot of a picture of the elite featuring the long-absent Marty. So maybe that's how he debuts, if he signs with aew.

Main event was of course awesome. Hope this means Darby will stay at the upper part of the roster. Moxley was great of course.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this week was the first time that NXT won in total viewers, mainly due to stacking their card with a lot of their main roster stars. However the only demo they won was the 50+ demo. AEW won all the other demos. Still though the ratings streak is over.
Yakuza Rich

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this points to one of the hurdles that the AEW has to overcome. Being on Wednesday and with RAW and Smackdown on Monday and Tuesday, respectively...there's just too much wrestling going on before them and it's going to be hard to draw new fans who have already had their pro wrestling fill for the week. Then the WWE can always bring in stars from the main roster and get their bump in the ratings.

But, it should also point to AEW needing to provide a different product and try to be as different from the WWE as possible.

YR
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do some more live thoughts. I think for the most part, the Jericho celebration was a bit of a letdown. There were some great parts. Like Virgil getting a huge pop, and Jericho's Dad being an unlikely heel. But the SCU run-in was kind of lame, and the audio (which was a show-wide problem) was very messy at times. It was fine, but it could've been better.

yeah JR was very rough at times, Calling Trent "taven" and saying Sakura was oriental. After the Jim Cornette controversy, that wasn't a good line at all. Schiavone was dearly missed.

A very random debut with the Butcher and the Blade debuting alongside a newly heel Allie. Very strange. Unless this is a new MJF-fronted stable with Wardlow, not much sense here.

Nice old-school Moxley vignette. I prefer these that are in the style of his indie promos, to being interviewed backstage.

Omega finally gets a big win over Pac. Maybe he's next in line for Jericho.

So MJF wins the DIAMOND ring and as expected DDP presents it. And it seems he may have one last match in him.

Main event was fine. At least they didnt go with any cheap ending. And it appears as if Moxley will face Jericho next. I do think he'll be the next champ.

So mostly a weak edition of AEW. They seem to be balancing long promos in the ring/filmed segments/vignettes along with the in-ring stuff. It mostly didnt work tonight. Hopefully soon they'll find the right balance.
Yakuza Rich

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to watch and then flipped to something else. Then re-watched the rest. This was very mediocre. Not insulting to my intelligence bad, but very uninspiring type of bad.

Too much stuff looks like straight out of WWE 'how to do a professional wrestling show and work like a professional wrestler.' Too much of the humor looks like they read a book from The Rock on how to do it.

I was impressed by the new female wrestler (blonde, can't remember her name). The Joshi girls are very overrated, but they may have found something with the new female as she has the look, the size and the athleticism.

Too many of the run-ins and brawls are poorly executed or if they are executed decently enough, have a WWE type of feel to them.

The guy with MJF (I forget his name) looks like and acts like every monster that the WWE has brought in the past few years. The other problem with that guy is they already sorta have that gimmick with Jake Hager.

I haven't seen a lot of MJF in the ring, but I like what I see.

The Cody entrance...again, very WWE-ish in feel. And then he gets beat down, again. And the beat down was poorly executed. And no other wrestler comes to Cody's rescue. Apparently, he has no friends.

Omega vs. PAC was okay. PAC does a lot of slowing things down to heel it up, but he's just not that great at it. Honestly, I think Guevara understands how to do the modern high spot wrestling as a heel better than PAC.

The Main Event was decent, but nothing to write home about.

I dunno, the booking just isn't that good. From the sounds of it, they've splintered the booking to have the Young Bucks booking the tag teams, Omega the women's division and Khan and JR to do the singles. I like the idea conceptually to prevent burnout, but it's not working out that well. I also think they may be too influenced by the ratings and when they see NXT draw in more viewers it feels like they think they need to do more WWE things.

I thought the 6th show stunk, the 7th show was really good and then this show was the worst of the bunch.. That's not a good trend.

YR
dewelar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yakuza Rich wrote:
I was impressed by the new female wrestler (blonde, can't remember her name).

Kris Statlander. She had an excellent match on Dark a couple weeks ago as well. She looks like a real find for AEW.
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More live thoughts: Seems there's a bit of an audio problem. 2nd straight week its been noticeable. They need to fix things like this.

Opening match was fine. Dustin worked well with the Bucks. even dressed the part as well.

Cody's promo was great. Good job at balancing his many feuds and questioning why those who are close to him haven't been there for him. Like his wife, and brother. Very Flair sequence with the money and all. The most surprising thing from that was that no attacked Cody. A peaceful in-ring AEW interview. A first.

Also apparently on their social media, MJF cut a promo and he said that he's responsible for last weeks attack on Cody. So it did tie along.

Jericho channeled his old list bit to set up his match in 2 weeks, and it's going to be Jericho vs Jungle Boy in a 10-minute challenge match.

So there's apparently two similar heel groups with the same "join us" theme. The Dark order. and now Brandi Rhodes' and Kong's "nightmare collective" who tried to recruit the newly (?) signed Kris Statlander. This seemed to be more of a Straight Edge Society thing with the cutting of hair.

Fun main event. seems as if the title match for the February PPV is Jericho/Moxley. That will be great.

I think this was a better show than last week.
Yakuza Rich

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the show was decent overall, but still some head scratching booking involved. The opener was a good opener because it got the crowd into it. It was a fun match that furthered the feud between the Inner Circle and The Elite. Some of the spots were contrived, but they worked. I’d rather see Dustin get away from the field goal kick in the corner because it’s too WWE-ish in nature; a move that everybody knows is as fake as it gets but is a signature move. Gotta do whatever they can to distinguish themselves away from the WWE product and then brand themselves as being superior to the WWE product.

I think Guevara is a better heel than MJF. He knows how to carry himself in a way that is reminiscent of Tully Blanchard. I probably would not have booked him to do the job here, but otherwise this was fine.

Fenix vs. Trent was so-so. Kind of a downer after the hot 6-man opener. This is where good booking would come into play and book this as a shorter match to preserve the crowd heat. And Fenix and Trent really don’t have the skills to go this long and make it great.

Cody’s promo was great, but exposed some of the holes in the booking. Particularly that he’s the babyface and his wife is a heel. I was hoping the booking would do an about-face after the promo, but instead they kept with the Brandi storyline.

The Dark Order vignettes look Russo-esque. Put a stop to them.

The same with the Librarian gimmick. Nyla Rose felt like WWE-booking a monster and aping it off Heyman’s booking of the monster squashing a bad gimmick. Again, booking is an issue here. How they haven’t booked Awesome Kong and Nyla to head up the women’s division is beyond me. And the booking of Kong doesn’t make sense as why wouldn’t Kong just destroy the women’s division by herself and take the title? My guess is Brandi and Omega are mainly responsible for booking the women and they really need to stop.

Shida vs. Statlander was decent. The athleticism is there, but Shida’s lack of selling was piss poor. She doesn’t understand how to fire up and rally after getting hit with a big move by her opponent. Instead, she just sells for a second and then no sells and goes into her next spot.

Daniels vs. Pentagon was filler and mostly bleh.

The main event was a nice carry job by Moxley. Janela has good eyes and good hair, but then wear goofy sunglasses to cover them up and looks like a Public Access douchebag trying to be overly ironic. I hate to say a guy should ‘hit the gym’ and sound all Kevin Nash to CM Punk, but that’s what Janela needs to do. He’s very short and doesn’t have the upper body and core to get away with being that short and he diminishes a star player like Moxley unless Moxley completely squashes him.

But, Moxley did a good job here of preventing it from happening. He made it look like Janela caught him off guard just a little thru some of Moxley’s own fault and then they hit that incredible spot on the timekeeper’s table.

It kept my interest for another week, but it’s not keeping the interest of the fans by reports of ticket sales and ratings. They need to find an experienced booker who can keep up with the millennials while having a vision for the company. Good luck.

YR
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave in WON on 12 -2 –19

AEW: Kenny Omega was on Observer radio this past week and talked about a multitude of subjects..... He said his main focus has been the women’s division and noted that right now as management he’s putting his own matches last and that he’s done matches of late that were pretty much called on the fly, which he called they go into the ring PWG style, because his main focus is everyone else’s matches and that takes up much of his time. He helps lay out all the women’s matches and often other matches as well, and also has a hand in creative. Even though he is doing far less matches he said the creative process is very mentally draining. He also noted that the company’s goal right now is to get new talent over. As I’ve noted, there are two schools of thought here. As far as booking for the live ticket paying audience, and from a traditional wrestling standpoint, because that was the money, the booking has been strong in the sense they are spending a lot of time giving exposure to new talent to build a foundation and The Young Bucks in particular have been putting people over constantly, with the idea they and Omega are already over to the people who are the existing fan base, and they are behind WWE but if you consider that in ROH when they had pretty much the basic crew besides Moxley and Chris Jericho, really a crowd of 1,500 was considered a good night so they are close to triple that every week. But for television, I believe the key at first should be that Jericho and Moxley were the only established current television stars. People know Dustin Rhodes but he hadn’t been pushed as a top guy in more than a decade, Cody was a midcarder and Pac was super talented, but he wasn’t pushed at all on Raw and while he shined on 205 Live, that had very limited viewership. So the idea to me is that they needed to focus on getting Omega and Cody and The Young Bucks over first as television stars, which none of them were.

Omega is intriguing to somebody new and the fact he is a headliner was strong, but he hasn’t been New Japan Kenny Omega. He said that isn’t the idea to be right now. The Young Bucks come across as guys who the crowd is into, are super talented, but traditionally super talented guys that lose all the time on television are not viewed as superstars or television stars.....

Yohe: Way to go Dave!

Posted Oct 20, 2019 by Yohe
"They seem to think Omega & the Young Bucks are their strong points and everyone in America knows them. You can't use them to get the other lesser guys over on TV. I know it seem like Maeda putting over Takada over in UWF, but none of the others are anything like Takada. You have to get yourself over before helping anyone else. Omega & Young Bucks may be the best workers in wrestling, but there are a huge number of WWE fans who don't know them from shit. They still need to get their base over. The guys who should be doing jobs are the ex-WWE guys. Jericho & the big guy who left the WWE, Moxley. They should be making stars out of others....if the others are any good. It's not the Jericho show. Chris is going to leave them real soon....it's what he does." ---Steve Yohe
Yakuza Rich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first thing they need to do is get the following on TV every week, either in a match or a promo, etc.:

Omega
Jericho
Moxley
Cody
Darby Allin
MJF

The others like the tag division, women's division and even Guevara (who I think is a better heel than MJF at this point) can be parsed out a little more.

Need to end the Joshi nonsense with the women. NXT's women's division completely outclasses them and since the Joshi gals can't speak the language, it's a difficult translation to the American crowd. What NXT doesn't have is Kong and Rose. How these two are not the main feature with Baker (and they should have kept Kylie Rae) is beyond me.

The tag division hasn't gone as hoped. Stop with the vignettes as a whole, particularly the Dark Order. Nobody cares about the Dark Order. They should be, at best, there to help get others over. The same with The Best Friends.

They are finding out that why guys like Orange Cassidy, Chuck Taylor, Joey Janela, etc. are on the indies. It's because they appeal to a small faction of fans. I haven't even really hated the Orange Cassidy stuff, but considering what they are supposed to be paying him, it's a glaring case of being out of touch as to what will work on a weekly mainstream show.

They need to have more classic matches (i.e. Allin vs. Moxley, Allin vs. Rhodes) and set up 'dream matches' like MJF vs. Allin.

Cut promos instead of vignettes.

YR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: