The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bruce Mitchell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:31 am    Post subject: Bruce Mitchell Reply with quote

Wade capping Bruce over a column where he asked if Brodie Lee had COVID is quite something.

Guess Bruce had a hissy fit on Twitter before deactivating his account as well.

About to listen to Dave’s thoughts on it now.

I still feel Bruce was an excellent columnist at one point, but his audio stuff, between the ums and embarrassing hero worship of Flair/JCP, took him down a few notches for me.

Can’t call yourself a historian and believe all the fables from your childhood and territory.

Anyhow, pithy columns after a death are always going to be risky, but especially in the Cancel Culture era. Curious to see if Dave defends him or buries him.

Jagdip
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he supposed to be a historian? --- Yohe
JAG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s what Wade pimped him as and Bruce leans into it.

But his analysis of Flair/JCP is laughable at many times, jerking off the “outlaws” of the 70s and 80s, while also writing “Conscience of Pro Wrestling” columns and not seeing the irony.

More idiots in the South thought it was real for longer. Any analysis of that era and those territories should begin there.

Also, Dave played it down the middle. I hope for his sake Bruce’s hunch isn’t correct.

Jagdip
Yakuza Rich

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in Dave's opinions on the subject since he's friends with Bruce and was friends with Jon Huber and seems to have an idea as to what went on with Huber and what happened between Bruce and Wade.

I don't like Bruce Mitchell. And I base that off of personal experiences with him. And it didn't surprise me that he wrote such a reckless column.

Bruce is a wrestling journalist, but he's paid for his opinions instead of reporting stories. The problem problem for Bruce here is that his opinions turned into claims in this column. And they were very serious claims that he did not make any effort to substantiate.

I don't have a problem with somebody *thinking* that there may be a coverup. But to not make any effort to substantiate it is shitty. And that's the type of person Bruce is.

What stands out to me about the story is that Huber was at the Mayo Clinic and the Mayo Clinic isn't going to take an out-of-state patient who contracted COVID-19. That should have been something that prompted Bruce to think otherwise or try to get some sort of confirmation whether it be discussing with Pulmonologists about the situation and the chance a healthy 41-year old male could suddenly contract a lung disease that could kill a person so quickly.

But that would be the hard way to do things. That takes time, good sources and genuine effort. It's much easier to just throw out accusations without doing any of the work to back them up.

YR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: