The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movie of the year 2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Greatest Man Alive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Movie of the year 2006 Reply with quote

Charlotte's Web hands down is the best film of the year. It's not even that close. Unless Rocky Balboa recaptures what made Rocky I so great, this one takes it.

Absolutely fabulous rendition that got everything right. I can't remember the last time I left a movie and couldn't think of a single thing that should have been done differently. The slow build to Charlotte's death was magnificently done with just enough change in the CGI that you could tell if you were paying attention, but the kids got sucked in. Hopefully this leads to another generation of kids reading the book (and as a bonus they get to hear Steve Buscemi as Templeton every time they read it).
Rian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie of the year 2006 Reply with quote

The Greatest Man Alive wrote:
Charlotte's Web hands down is the best film of the year. It's not even that close. Unless Rocky Balboa recaptures what made Rocky I so great, this one takes it.

Absolutely fabulous rendition that got everything right. I can't remember the last time I left a movie and couldn't think of a single thing that should have been done differently. The slow build to Charlotte's death was magnificently done with just enough change in the CGI that you could tell if you were paying attention, but the kids got sucked in. Hopefully this leads to another generation of kids reading the book (and as a bonus they get to hear Steve Buscemi as Templeton every time they read it).

Rocky? Now I've heard everything. It's going to be worse than Tommy "HIV" Morrison in Rocky V.
corrado

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It actually has been getting positive reviews, and a positive buzz. It may be the top movie next weekend.

That would've been very farfetched months ago, but somehow its gotten good reviews.

It'll truly be a success if it doesn't get any razzie nods.
The Greatest Man Alive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember where I saw the interview, but Stallone said he begged studios for several years to do this Rocky as an apology for how bad 5 was and his not wanting to go out on that note.

That's also a note on just how bad this year has been for movies. Last year had 2 great films and a slew of good ones. This year has Sup Returns, V for Vendetta, The Prestige, The Illusionist and very little else (though I did really like Click and Stranger Than Fiction, that was due largely to very low expectations).

Sadly Charlotte's Web is much better than everything else I've seen this year and Rocky is our last hope for a surprise great movie.
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Rocky again Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to this ROCKY film. I think it's going to do well. At first it sounded dumb & I know some people laughed at the trailer but I like the idea & I'm beting he can make it work. People forget that ROCKY 1 was a great film.---Yohe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: